Paleo Bread Recipe

Options
Does anyone have a recipe that they actually tried and it worked for Paleo Bread?

Replies

• punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I usually avoid replacements but when I have a need for them I usually look at the against all grain site. She does a good job, generally. That said, I haven't tried this particular recipe.

http://againstallgrain.com/2012/05/21/grain-free-white-bread-paleo-and-scd/

Read the comments to see if people had issues/solutions.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I do a quick bread substitute when I want it in the microwave. Mind you, it's not BREAD. It's similar. 1 egg, 1 T. almond meal, 1T. Coconut flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, dash salt, and thin to batter consistency with milk of choice. Spray a glass loaf pan with olive oil or grease with oil of choice. Pour in batter and shake pan as needed to evenly distribute. Microwave on high 1:30-2 min until set. Cut in half, remove from pan and let cool on a paper towel. When ready to use, tastes best toasted.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    How about a dry bread mix ?
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Somehow I think the words "paleo" and "mix" don't go together. I found out years ago when dealing with our eldest's autoimmune problems, that health promoting foods are neither instant nor convenient. You can create your own "convenience" foods by doing prep work and cooking ahead, but dry mixes, which most likely *must* have preservatives to provide adequate shelf life, don't fit the paradigm.
  • prairiedana
    Options
    I agree homesweeths- if you do make your own mixes or use nut flours I find most of the "flours" for making "bread" don't have an adequate shelf life. With that in mind I keep my coconut/almond (and arrowroot powder every now and then) in the freezer. Nut flours go rancid really fast so keeping them in your freezer extends the shelf life.

happy baking!!