Newly Discovered Peace

Options
I awoke hungry. I knew yesterday I didn't eat enough. I wasn't hungry. Plain and simple.

I made coffee, steamed heavy cream and put 4 slices of bacon in the pan before starting the morning. It is frigid cold here. Maybe I will Xcountry ski.

I thought about this: friends struggling with low calorie diets, constantly thinking of food , never feeling they have had enough. Foggy brains, tired all the time.

I remember.

I ended week 4. I am more mentally sharp than I have been in years, have energy galore, am mostly never hungry and have moved into a deeper level of Ketosis.

I am no longer obsessed with the scale and accept the fact that my weight loss will be longer than many who attend this life style.

I choose to drink wine, exercise 3-4 times a day along with a mile walk with the dogs in the morning and am now including interval training. I am 67.

All done my way. All an adjustment in order to make this a life change not a diet, not a quick fix.

I dream of berries. Yes, berries. Fresh raspberries and blueberries . My goal will be to fit them back into my life but now with heavy cream like the Danes do it.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That all sounds wonderful! Congratulations on these wonderful changes. PS, you don't look 67!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    :+1:

Isn't it great?

Congrats to you!
  • mebeep
    mebeep Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So inspiring ! Keep up the good work.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    >exercise 3-4 times a day

Really? :o
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love you... seriously, thank you for this post
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    49oiqtym5j53.png

Awesome. Your post made me stop for a moment and reflect on how grateful I am for this WOE, too. Thank you for that!!
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I awoke hungry. I knew yesterday I didn't eat enough. I wasn't hungry. Plain and simple.

I made coffee, steamed heavy cream and put 4 slices of bacon in the pan before starting the morning. It is frigid cold here. Maybe I will Xcountry ski.

I thought about this: friends struggling with low calorie diets, constantly thinking of food , never feeling they have had enough. Foggy brains, tired all the time.

I remember.

I ended week 4. I am more mentally sharp than I have been in years, have energy galore, am mostly never hungry and have moved into a deeper level of Ketosis.

I am no longer obsessed with the scale and accept the fact that my weight loss will be longer than many who attend this life style.

I choose to drink wine, exercise 3-4 times a day along with a mile walk with the dogs in the morning and am now including interval training. I am 67.

All done my way. All an adjustment in order to make this a life change not a diet, not a quick fix.

I dream of berries. Yes, berries. Fresh raspberries and blueberries . My goal will be to fit them back into my life but now with heavy cream like the Danes do it.

Congratulations on YourWay ^ (*) ^
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    WEEK . 3 or 4 times a WEEK. So much for a sharp mind.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    WEEK . 3 or 4 times a WEEK. So much for a sharp mind.

❤ you!!!!

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    <3 Annie

Life! You have to live your own way. Good for you.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Awesome to read your post and know of your happiness Annie *hugs*
  • DissLocated
    DissLocated Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I feel the same (especially about the wine!) so grateful to have found this WOE.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Congrat's Annie! You have found the truth about what a lot of people should be eating. We are there right beside you. We yearn inwardly to tell everyone and shout it from the rooftops, but we reserve ourselves because the demonization of many aspects of this WOE.

With the advent of the Internet, its only a matter of time that this diet will become mainstream and we will start hearing about it in a good light. Until then, enjoy & cherish the benefits from it.

Dan the Man from Michigan