Rate of weight loss on keto

Options
2»

Replies

• kerrihwilson
    kerrihwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me ... I do not feel I'm progressing on Keto this last 3 weeks. I have not lost badly any weight - I'm actually going up on the scale now. I am not sedentary - however I do have an office job. I track my food, I drink my water, I work out 4 days a week minimum doing resistance training and a little bit of cardio. ( up to 6 days). I am not lifting heavy weights. Now I did have a good month at the start where the visual is a drastic change - but since then - less change - scale increasing not decreasing .... And I am not pooping! ( this truly sucks ). I'm a fan of food in - waste out ...
    -The entire time I have been in ketosis. I have had 1 glass of wine 2 times in the entire month and I did have a little gin and fresca this past weekend. But at no point did I ever go out of ketosis.

c0jamrfwkuuq.jpg

This is the 4 week mark and I'm approaching 8 weeks now - and I could really use some advice.

My food and exercise diary is open...

Help! I'm 18 lbs away from my first goal weight - I don't feel like I'll ever get there. I have 2.5 weeks where I can really focus without any planned routine changes ....

Hopeless Keto kid - Kerri
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That is a huge about of belly flattened out!!! I am so jealous. Also can tell in your arms and across your chest, and the facial difference is awesome. I always tell people to resize their pictures to make the facial features line up. The distance between your eyes is the same, regardless, etc. Even though the pictures are not both straight on, if you size them to each other relatively, you'll be able to see more difference. How many inches did you lose??
  • kerrihwilson
    kerrihwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Knitormiss - I didn't think the measure myself. I still wear the saw clothes - they just fit a bit better. I should have measured ... I still should measure. Decided today to just count carbs and protein grams and not worr about the fat ... Specifically. No more % watching! I hope this helps me continue.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Knitormiss - I didn't think the measure myself. I still wear the saw clothes - they just fit a bit better. I should have measured ... I still should measure. Decided today to just count carbs and protein grams and not worr about the fat ... Specifically. No more % watching! I hope this helps me continue.

Wow, you look great. Scale weight is pretty meaningless when you are gaining muscle and losing fat as you seem to be. I agree that measurements would probably be much more useful to you at this point. Atkins defined a stall as 6 weeks with no pounds or inches lost. Regarding the other issues, do you supplement with magnesium? That could help get things "moving" (make sure it is not a magnesium oxide supplement though, I like magnesium citrate, magnesium malate, or some form of chelated magnesium).