How long do the work outs take you?

Options
I feel like I'm completing the workouts too fast (doing something wrong) and so I'm adding some extra reps at the end(not sure if that's a good idea) So....out of curiosity how long are you spending hitting the weights for this program?

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    The first workout took me about half an hour, which includes: warmup (try, foam rolling and such), seeing if squat cage was free, taking off weights left by previous user and fixing to my height, warmup the squat sets, find the seated row, figuring out here I can do push ups, finding equipment and getting in on are for steps and prone jackknife. Overall, with extra lifts included that also involved de-loading squat bar a second time, took me less than an hour before cardio.

From the other stage 1 posts, it seems short at first but later you get into harder weights and more sets (though less reps per set), which will change the time it takes. When I started on stronglifts, it didn't seem so long at first as I didn't need the long rest times but by the end with the far heavier weights, longer rests and such, it took me much more time to get the exact same routine done.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Just do the workout as it is written and enjoy it. The workouts get much longer in the other Stages. The first stage only takes about 30 mins or so. Add in some HIIT at the end if you want.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Mine takes 40 minutes when you factor in warm-up and stretching at the end
  • AndreaWhite611
    AndreaWhite611 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks guys. I'm Used to working out longer so it seems short to me but i'll just enjoy it for now :)
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It feels really short to me, too. I'm stuck at the gym waiting for my daughter (sometimes both kids) for 3.5 hours per day, so a 30 minute workout leaves me a lot of 'bored' time, missing my cardio!
  • OhLaLifting
    Options
    I'm just finishing up stage 1: I run to the gym as a warmup and then my workout takes 25 minutes if the place isn't too crowded.