We 02/15/15

Starting weight: 166.8
Last weight: 160.4
Today's weight: 158.8
Loss: -1.6
Total Loss so far: 8.2 pounds
Goal weight: 153 (boat weight, 5.8 pounds to go) would like to be 143 in a perfect world

Oh Sarah, you're having our white-outs and I understand I'll be sending you some more. We're expecting another 3-5" overnight with continuing below zero temps. What a challenge it has been to get those steps in this week, but let me tell you - I did it in style!!

We had another Fitbit "Weekend Warriors Challenge" and those girls had me running circles inside this house. Through the basement, up the steps into every room and back down those stairs again!! I came in third overall with Lois ahead of me and Sheesh taking First Place!! I thought they were going to kill me!! Thank you ladies, I wouldn't have done it without you!!I sincerely apologize now for all the nasty things I thought about you during the week. I liked that pound and a half, and I can see the end in my site! I have a Dragon boat meeting next Saturday. It will be the first time I've seen anyone since the preconditioning challenge started. I hope my loss shows!! I think it does. I wore a pair of jeans this weekend that did NOT zip after Christmas. I am feeling positive and hopeful.

Sarah, weren't those white outs something? The wind was scary, but the thought of driving in that stuff must have been a real heart-stopper. My granddaughter's birthday was yesterday and she and her boyfriend spent a couple of hours here and then were headed about an hour away to a show. My daughter called her and made them turn around and come back. I think they were both disappointed and thankful. 32 days till spring!

Keep warm! Good luck this week!!!

Cheryl

Replies

• SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,972 Member
    Congratulations on that loss, Cheryl. Wow. You're a testament to what dedication can yield. And everyone's successes are making me think about how I get in my own way. Thanks, everyone, for sharing what is going on. I can visual the bunch of you racing around to catch up with the others, and it reminds that we all have to put in our best efforts. Dolvett's mantra on BL comes to mind: Hard Work! Dedication!

And "thanks" for the snow, Cheryl. :smile: Five degrees here this morning and 5 to 8 more inches of snow, starting around 4 p.m. That means that I need to get out and about and get errands run, get to the mall, and get back inside before that time.

Shortly after we grabbed our coffee and the morning paper yesterday, I got a call from my sister saying that my mom is in the hospital having her heart rate monitored. She occasionally has periods where her heart rate swings from too low to too high, and she experienced one of those episodes in the pre-dawn hours yesterday. So a chunk of time yesterday was spent on the phone, but I grabbed my headset and tried to move while I was talking. By late afternoon, her heart rate was normal and steady, but at nearly 88, caution prevails.

Well, need to log food and get on my way. I'll check in again later today. Goodness knows I'll be inside!
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,341 Member
    GREAT REDUCTION Cheryl!!!! Super proud of you and about those nasty thoughts...LMAO...

Sarah - SUPER DUPER PROUD of YOU!!!! You used your dreadmill!!! That is awesome. Glad you turned around and got home safely, but so proud of you for not giving in completely!! Keep it plugged in and let it become your friend again!

Had a great weekend in Vegas - no gambling and NO alcohol!!! Watched nephew's martial arts tournament. Dang I hope he apprecitaed us coming - haha. Hubby had to work Friday night so we got a late start and arrived at the hotel at 4 AM.... Tournament started at 8am...we got there at 9 and in time to watch his first competition. We died that night and were in bed and asleep by 1030. Thankfully I called and got a late check out as we slept 10 hours...and still lollygagged getting out of the room to look for breakfast. ended up skipping that option and headed home. Thankfully we did as our normal 4.5 hour trip was over 6 hours!!! Did not get food prepped for the week, will grill the chicken tonight. HOWEVER, I did pack all of my workout and hiking gear and have already ordered my plan approved lunch from chipotle and will pick up at noon. I will still be on plan. Just more sodium than I want, but it is the best option.

Hoping everyone had a great Valentines Day with their loved ones and looking forward to seeing updates. My weigh in is tomorrow...ugh....water to flush the sodium...water water water.

TTFN
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 690 Member
    SW: 150
    LW: 140.3
    TW: 140.6

Gahhhhh! I really shouldn't be surprised or pissed off but I'm definitely disappointed in myself. Time to turn disappointment into progress and motivation. I HAVE to go back to logging my food and I HAVE to go back to being more strict on my food intake. I think I got it in my mind that I could slack off a bit because I've lost 10lbs...but I have to remember that my goal is still another 10lbs away.
    Great loss Cheryl! You're gonna get in the boat... I know it!
    Sorry to hear about your Mom Sarah!
    Nice will power with the no drinking in Vegas Lois!
    Time to get on with my day. Off to get bloodwork to see if my iron has improved yet.
    Have a great day!
  • Lastchancelj
    SW: 238
    LW: 186.2
    TW 183.2

GGGRRR.. Was hoping for a larger reduction. Remember, I'm still working on superbowl wekeend crud!!! and the vegas sodium isn't helping either. I do great eating on my plan M-F...it's Friday night through Sunday that just throws me for a freakin' loop!!! Dag Nab It!!! Since I'd gone up SIX in a week, I was kinda hoping for another this week. Ah well...3 for the week is acceptable.

Kelly - I feel your pain!!! And FORTUNATELY for me, the group we were with half of them don't drink- much - so I was fairly safe. Next month when we go for hubby's tournament, yeah...that's going to be a bit of a challenge.

Oh and last night, my new Charge HR decided to stop working, so I lost quite a few steps...GGGRRR . I plugged it in, but it still wasn't working this morning. Just got into the office and plugged it into the computer before I send a not to FB, and the darn display is working again. Going to let it charge for a couple of hours and pray it works properly. For now, I'm on my old Zip...at least I still had that (almost gave it away - yikes).

Well, there are my numbers for the week. See you on the Workweek Hustle challenge board.

• SarahMaxx
    Utter frustration. BodyMedia responded to my second e-mail saying again that they won't sell me a replacement band but suggesting that I try a site called Dotfit. That site only had small bands for the BodyMedia Core, but since I have lots of extra room on my medium band, I thought that the small would probably work, too. So I ordered it, it arrived today, and ladies--my arms are not that big, but this band is waaay too tight at the loosest possible adjustment. So I'm out about more than $20 dollars and I'm back to deciding what to do.

But to be honest, I don't want to even think now. As I finished up my long day, I got calls about my Mom, and I'm afraid my sister and I have some not so pleasant things ahead. I won't go into them now, but they're pretty serious issues. By the time I got off the phone, it was too late to get to the mall, and I'm feeling so sapped of energy that I have yet to talk myself into getting on the dreadmill.

Sorry to be a downer. I know that nothing lasts forever--good or bad--and that I just need to focus on what is good now, and deal with the bad the best I can as it comes up, without projecting too much. AND--I need to make sure that I get in some extra activity tomorrow after a decent night's sleep.

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,128 Member
    Sarah, I'm sorry about your Mom. Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

Great loss Cheryl! You're going to make it to boat weight for sure!

Lois, 2 pounds is really good! Not taking alcohol (though not fun) really pays off. I'm still hanging in with no alcohol or added sugar, even over the holiday weekend. However, the travel, more food, and less exercise showed up on the scale today:

SW: 156
    LW: 133.2
    TW: 134.6
    Gain of 1.4 lbs.

Bleh. Kelly, you're right that the logging and moving and not relaxing is the key. However, we are going on vacation for a week. I'm planning to relax and have fun, but move a lot. I hope I can maintain. Have fun with the challenges!! :D
  • SarahMaxx
    Taking a quick lunch break and thought I'd check in and post stats.

LW: 145.2
    TW: 144.4

I'm pleasantly surprised because I've to spend so much time the past three days dealing with issues related to my Mom's hospitalization. That and the weather have made activity a little more challenging. I missed my 7-day average goal for activity by 107. It was 1793 instead of 1900, and I had hoped to have a average daily deficit of 500 calories a day, and that was not quite 400 per day. So I was about 100 off on both of those goals. But all in all, it was not a bad week if I can just keep up this momentum. I think the difference is that I've been more careful about late night snacks. Even when I stay within my "calories-in" goal, eating late at night seems to do me in.
  • wiredkell
    I seriously can't break this BLAHness. I'm really not sure what it is, but even though Mexico is coming up in 21 days, I've lost my motivation and "get up and go" attitude. I still get my workouts done, but it takes a lot for me to get there. Maybe it's because it's soon that wonderful girly time for me... All I want to do is eat. I want carbs.. and lots of them.

What do you do when you lose your motivation? How do you jump start it?
  • SarahMaxx
    It's hard to beat the blahs this time of year. If you still get your workouts done, that's what counts. Doesn't matter if you approach them eagerly or to quote an old poem, "like a galley slave scourged to a dungeon." Just as long as you get 'er done! :smile:

And I think the cold weather also makes us want carbs. Hang in there. If we just get some activity and make sure that we keep our intake around where it should be--even if a lot of the calories come from carbs--we'll make it to spring.

I do get it though. I sometimes feel like--what's the point? Everyone will like me the same whether I weigh 125 or 150. But I don't like me the same!! I still remember how good I felt in late 2010 in those size 6 jeans. (I'm wearing 10's at this moment.)

It has snowed nonstop here all day. We ventured out early to get a few groceries, but the roads were already slippery, and around here, we have people from all over the world, including a lot of people who have just never driven in snow. So we're in for the remainder of the day and evening, and I will just have to bite the bullet and get on the treadmill.

I just tested it out though, and when I wear my headset, the noise of the treadmill is barely heard when I call someone. Since I have to be on the phone with family every day now because of my mother's illness, and sometimes I'm on the phone for a pretty long time, I'm thinking why not use those calls as extra walking time?
  • wiredkell
    Thanks Sarah. I'm glad you understand. Of course, it still doesn't change the fact that I'm making some poor choices when it comes to food. Yesterday I had 2 chocolate turtles and then it was pizza and appetizer night at work, so of course I had pizza and a bunch of appetizers... and now I'm mad at myself. I did say no to the popcorn and nachos during the hockey game though. Back at it today and my goal is to drink my 33oz water bottle at least 3 times. I try to aim for 3-4 a day, but lately I've been slacking.

That's a great idea about getting in that extra walking time! I wish I had a treadmill. Sure would help with these freezing cold temperatures when I'm at home. At work, there's 2 here so it's not a problem, but at home there's only the elliptical and I hate that thing. I might just have to get used to it I guess.
  • Lastchancelj
    Kelly - I feel for you and I totally understand. I was that way at the first of the year. That was one of the main reasons I signed up for the trail race and then the 10k. I had been eating off plan and not getting in all of my workouts and what I was getting in was a struggle (except for my hiking-that's just something I love to do). I had to set myself up with some SMART challenges...and the races really helped me. Now I have to admit that I'm still battling the food choices....after the race, I was starving and gave into some munchies that I normally don't crave. And if I don't make my lunches on Sunday...I am usually screwed for the week. I pick at this and that. So you are not alone.

Being honest on this forum helps me a ton. I love that we do hold one another accountable. We provide encouragement, but we are not a pitty party group and when we make poor choices, we don't say "it's alright". Some of us generally affirm that (in my case) when we drink alcohol or eat pizza, the weight doesn't go away quickly...and we see gains on our scales". That's why I love you gals. Plus, I love affirmation, so when I'm bad, I'll take the re-directions but I do love to see the compliments...as I'm sure you do. It's encouraging to our inner selves...because all of us ladies have been where you are. Regardless of the actual number, we are all striving to be better, leaner and stronger (physically as well as in control).

Find something to focus on....or set yourself with mini goals....something that's important to YOU!

We're here for you!!
  • SarahMaxx
    Quickly checking in after logging and uploading. I am so tired tonight, I don't know which end is up. On one of my many tasks for my client, there is a government employee who is supposed to share some of the load, but he has been sick since Christmas. First the flu, then strep throat, and now something else. He was a bear to deal with today, and actually created extra work for me. To top it off, the regular work load has been heavy, and with my Mom in the hospital last week and now in a rehab center, I have extra things I have to take care of.

Long story short, I am totally whipped. But I did get about a 40 minute walk in this evening, although I had to sit all day. I finally ate lunch at 4 o'clock! I know--not good at all. I also know that under-eating can be as bad as overeating, and I realized as I was writing this that I didn't get much water today either. So tomorrow, I promise I will start the day with a large bottle of water on my desk, and I'll eat something in the a.m., even if it's instant oatmeal or a cup of yogurt.

Going to call it day now, but it was nice to just cyber-visit for a few minutes. I thought of you all as I walked the mall tonight, hoping that things are going well for each of you.