Help with meals/recipes. I'll tell you what I have...

hippygirl325
hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Salted butter
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Avocados
Tomatos
White Onion
Iceberg Lettuce
Kale (huge bag of it)
Cauliflower
Frozen brussels sprouts
Frozen broccoli
Frozen stir fry mix
Green Bell Pepper
Spaghetti Squash
Acorn Squash
Butternut Squash
Bleu Cheese Dressing
Sour Cream
Cream Cheese
Mozzarella
Colby & Monterey Jack
Parmesan
Cottage Cheese
Pepperoni
Summer Sausage
Ground Beef
Ribs
Pork Chops
Chicken legs, thighs, and wings
Cubed Steak
Bacon
Salmon Fillets
Hot Italian Sausages
Shrimp
Alfredo Sauce
Chia and Flax Blend
Original Pork Rinds
Hot N Spicy Pork Rinds
Roasted Salted Almonds
Green Olives

Wow...think that's about it. I wanna try some different things this next two weeks so hit me with your best shots. :)

Replies

• hippygirl325
    Oh also I have Unsweetened Almond/Coconut milk blend and Franks Red Hot Original.
  • hippygirl325
    And mayo
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited February 2015
    Ok Ive got a good recipe for brussel sprouts with bacon if you like that kind of thing I can dig it out and post it. Ive also got a cranberry/orange rib in the crockpot recipe, a smothered pork chop recipe and an Italian sausage soup that is most awesome if you are interested in any of that stuff.

Acorn and butternut squash are so good but too high i carbs for me but I have a butternut/bacon/chickpea crockpot soup recipe and a stuffed acorn squash with quinoa recipe if you like quinoa, altho you could sub that for more meat and/or couscous if you want.

Oh! and a good spaghetti squash with kielbasa bake that is a good mac and cheese substitute, even my very texture picky daughter will eat and loves.

LMK what you want and when i get home Ill get it all posted.
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    My daughter and I really like shrimp cooked in butter over spaghetti squash.
  • NurseWizzle
    NurseWizzle Posts: 312 Member
    @Nicole9187 That sounds so good right now!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member

Avocados
    Tomatos
    White Onion
    Iceberg Lettuce
    Sour Cream
    Colby & Monterey Jack
    Ground Beef

Mexican "Lettuce" Tacos
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Kale chips

There's a cheeseburger casserole in there somewhere....I can hear it.

Cauliflower/broccoli gratin

Pork Rind Nachos

Put your chicken in a roasting pan on a rack over cubed squash...roast in the oven.

grind up some of those pork rinds - slather mayo or mayo/mustard mixture on pork chops....sprinkle with parmesan and pork rinds and bake.

Green Olives - make a dirty martini.
  • hippygirl325
    Nicole9187 wrote: »
    My daughter and I really like shrimp cooked in butter over spaghetti squash.

That's what I had done with it before, was really good. My idea this time was to use the alfredo with it. :)
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    edited February 2015
    There's a pepperoni cauliflower bake on the IBreatheImHungry website.

When you get the ingredients, go on NomNomPaleo's site and search for Magic Mushroom Powder. Now that I have that, I use it on my chicken thighs every time. Both of those websites have great recipes.

Ooh the buffalo balls on IBIH are awesome. Haha, again though, that doesn't help right this second.

I also like mixing Parmesan, Dijon, oil, garlic with some cauliflower and roasting it. So good!
  • hippygirl325
    One more thing I forgot, portobello mushroom...Was thinking to make some kind of mini pizzas with them...
  • hippygirl325
    Alliwan wrote: »
    Ok Ive got a good recipe for brussel sprouts with bacon if you like that kind of thing I can dig it out and post it. Ive also got a cranberry/orange rib in the crockpot recipe, a smothered pork chop recipe and an Italian sausage soup that is most awesome if you are interested in any of that stuff.

Acorn and butternut squash are so good but too high i carbs for me but I have a butternut/bacon/chickpea crockpot soup recipe and a stuffed acorn squash with quinoa recipe if you like quinoa, altho you could sub that for more meat and/or couscous if you want.

Oh! and a good spaghetti squash with kielbasa bake that is a good mac and cheese substitute, even my very texture picky daughter will eat and loves.

I would definitely be interested in the brussels sprouts and bacon.

Maybe I'll leave the acorn and butternut squash to my boyfriend, since he picked those out. I would be interested in the spaghetti squash and kielbasa bake for sure!

• Alliwan
    Ok Bacon and Brussel Sprouts

About 10oz brussel sprouts
    4oz (or more) of bacon
    1 small onion chopped
    Bacon fat

Preheat oven to 375. Wash and peel off any loose leaves from the sprouts. Cut off the bottoms and cut the sprouts in half. Cook the bacon till crispy. Once the bacon is done take it out and sautee the onions in the bacon fat for about 4 minutes. Take the onions out, add a couple more dollops of bacon fat and saute the sprouts for about 6 minutes. Put the pan with the sprouts in the oven for about 30 minutes, then add the bacon and onion back in. Stir and cook for another 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Baked spaghetti squash mac n cheese

2 small spaghetti squash, cooked and de-noodled
    1/2 Kielbasa or 2 smoked sausages
    1 tbsp butter
    1/4 cup diced onion
    2 tbsp corn starch or guar gum
    2 cups whole milk
    1 cup chicken broth
    12 oz sharp cheddar cheese
    3-4 cups baby spinach

Melt the butter in a sauce pan, cook the kielbasa till they start to brown. Take them out and saute the onions for about 2 minutes. Stir in the corn starch or guar gum. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the milk and chicken broth, whisking together and bring it to a boil. Once it becomes smooth and thick, add cheddar cheese and mix well till all the cheese is melted. Add the kielbasa, spaghetti squash and baby spinach. Pour into the baking dish and bake about 25 minutes or until bubbly.

Enjoy!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member

I've got a can and a bag of uncooked chickpeas in my cabinet, and my guy is currently burned out on hummus, so I would positively love the butternut/bacon/chickpeat crockpot soup recipe! I might be able to have a small portion with some extra fat on top, and that would give him a week's worth of lunches! Thanks in advance, whenever you have time to look it up or post it.
  • djgreen1968
    djgreen1968 Posts: 35 Member
    Here is something easy to make, and they are great. Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos. Jalapenos sliced lengthwise and cleaned of all seeds. Fill with cream cheese, then wrap a slice of bacon around it. Bake on cookie sheet. I use parchment paper for easy clean up. Bake at 350 until bacon is done. Yummy!!
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Here is something easy to make, and they are great. Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos. Jalapenos sliced lengthwise and cleaned of all seeds. Fill with cream cheese, then wrap a slice of bacon around it. Bake on cookie sheet. I use parchment paper for easy clean up. Bake at 350 until bacon is done. Yummy!!

I so want to make some of these. Do you use fresh Jalepeno's or the canned/pickeld variety? (I like both)

Thanks for recipe,

Dan the Man from Michigan

• cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    I make the bacon wrapped jalapenos. I mix equal portions of cheddar and cream cheese for the insides and half a slice of bacon per half of a jalapeno. I also leave a few seeds in because I like them hot. 400 degrees for 20 minutes and then under the broiler for a bit to crisp everything up.
    Fresh jalapenos and make sure you use gloves when cutting and cleaning them out. The oils can cling to your skin for hours and it burns. Not to mention anything you touch afterwards (eyes, etc).
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member

I cooked them tonight! Wonderful. I am going to post as a new topic.

THANK YOU!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • Alliwan

I would definitely be interested in the brussels sprouts and bacon.

Maybe I'll leave the acorn and butternut squash to my boyfriend, since he picked those out. I would be interested in the spaghetti squash and kielbasa bake for sure!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

20 oz brussel sprouts
    4 oz bacon
    1 medium onion
    extra bacon fat

Preheat oven to 375
    Wash, cut the bottoms off and cut the brussel sprouts in half. Cook the bacon till crispy. Take it out of the bacon fat and sautee the onion in the remaining fat. Take the onion out when it is see thru with a slotted spoon and add extra bacon fat if you need to. Sautee the brussel sprouts in the extra bacon fat for about 3 minutes stirring frequently. Put the whole pan of brussel sprouts into the oven for 30 minutes. Then add back the bacon and onion and cook for another 15 minutes.

You can always add salt and garlic if you want.
  • Alliwan
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

I've got a can and a bag of uncooked chickpeas in my cabinet, and my guy is currently burned out on hummus, so I would positively love the butternut/bacon/chickpeat crockpot soup recipe! I might be able to have a small portion with some extra fat on top, and that would give him a week's worth of lunches! Thanks in advance, whenever you have time to look it up or post it.

Slow Cooker Butternut, Chickepea and Bacon Soup

3 Tbsp olive oil
    1 medium onion
    2 cloves garlic
    2 Tbsp tomato paste
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
    6 cups water, divided
    1 1/2 cups dry chickpeas, rinsed
    1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large pieces
    1 bunch swiss chard or fresh spinach
    10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

Heat olive oil in a skillet and sautee the onion and garlic until they are soft and golden brown. Stir in the tomato paste and red pepper flakes, cook 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup of water, scraping up all the bits on the skillet and transfer the whole thing to a slow cooker. Add chickpeas, squash, chard stems if using and the remaining water. Then cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, lift the lid and stir in the chard leaves or spinach and crumbled bacon bits. Cook for 10 more minutes. Serve topped with cheese and sour cream.

I havent eaten this in awhile because I developed a nightshade allergy seemingly overnight but it was amazingly good. Now id cut the water a bit and add a cup or two of heavy cream at the end with the spinach. Would make it more fat friendly.