Clean Eating must haves

MrsTyHarris
MrsTyHarris Posts: 88 Member
Good morning, I've trying to eat clean for real this time. I'm determined. Is there any clean eating must haves, that seem to be mandatory for success. For example, someone told me that eggs for breakfast are like a must have on deck at all times. Looking foward to hear from you. Also looking for postive clean eaters to become friends with! Thanks in advance ya'll have a wonderful day.

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Always having eggs on hand is definitely a good idea. They are quick and easy and taste great (and pretty much every family member likes them). Visiting your local farmer's market is great too - having easy to grab and eat (or cook) veggies and fruits on hand is also important. I'm less likely to grab something processed if I have unprocessed options readily available.

I also do some big batch weekend cooking - clean meatballs, quinoa patties, etc.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Plain oatmeal (not the sugary flavored kind...)
    Sweet potatos
    Eggs
    EVOO/coconut oil
    chicken breast
    Flax meal
    brown rice
    Quinoa
    Fatty fish
    Fiberous vegies
    Almonds, pecans, walnuts
    plain Greek yogurt
    Spices
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Shredded wheat
    plain nonfat Greek yogurt
    bananas plus other fruit
    flax meal
    wheat germ meal
    spinach
    baby greens
    tomatoes
    cucumbers
    avocado
    other veggies as desired
    pumpkin seeds
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    flax oil
    balsamic vinegar
    cider vinegar
    chicken breast
    Almonds, pecans, walnuts

Just to name a few I have nearly every day.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Organization is really the key. Spend one day a week planning, shopping and cooking ahead. This week I made muffin tin meatloaves that I put in the freezer. I always have a bowl of hard boiled eggs in my fridge and sprouted grain products in my freezer. You will develop your own list of staples and I don't really have much to add to the lists already posted. I joined an organic buying club and that has been great. Every two weeks I get a big box full of fruits and veggies and I have fun coming up with creative ways to prepare them.

Feel free to friend me and look at my diary. i do eat some dairy and protein supplements because I'm trying to build muscle and do heavy lifting 3 times a week :)
  • jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    I like the fruit + green smoothies. They're easy, quick, and I always throw a couple of eggs in them. Plus, you can play around with what kinds of fruit or greens you add to them so you don't get bored.
  • MercedesV
    MercedesV Posts: 70 Member
    I like to keep raw almonds and kind bars handy. They are calorically dense but they keep me away from processed foods. We've been grilling a lot of meats and vegis for dinner. I got a package of portabellas and put a little organic cheese in them before I put them on the grill. For my salads I've tried a little olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, tiny bit of balsamic vinegar, old bay, and some chef seasoning that starts with a 'P.'

Hope that helps!