What's next?

Options
As I begin to approach the end of 30DS I've been thinking about what the next step of my fitness journey will be. I think that once I complete 30DS I am going to alternate No More Trouble Zones with Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I really enjoy 30 DS, but I want to get more cardio into my workout, while still getting toned.

I wanted to know what my fellow shredders plan to do next. Are you going to do 30DS again, another Jillian DVD, or something totally different?

Happy shredding!

Replies

• CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I bought her "Ripped in 30" which has 4 24 minute workouts, still with the 3-2-1 method. I'll probably start it after finishing 30DS, but may alternate it with other workouts.
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to do her DVD "Shred it With Weights" ... I *think* it's 2 levels, each workout is 30 minutes and you use a kettlebell! Looks like fun.
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    I think I'm going to do her DVD "Shred it With Weights" ... I *think* it's 2 levels, each workout is 30 minutes and you use a kettlebell! Looks like fun.

I did this one before 30DS, and liked it a lot. Some people say that you can get hurt doing this dvd, but I've had more aches and pains with 30DS! I used a 10lb kettlebell, and practiced the moves before doing the workout. I modified a lot, especially at first. It is 2 levels, and 30 minutes each.
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking Banish Fat Boost Metabolism or Ripped in 30. I would also like more cardio so BFBM is appealing, but I think it goes 50 minutes long. I really like the 20 minute format.
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    I would also like more cardio so BFBM is appealing, but I think it goes 50 minutes long. I really like the 20 minute format.

Modern_eye, I agree. I was debating between BFBM and RI30 and decided that I needed the shorter workout. I like to do these workouts in the morning, and can't see mysdelf getting up at 5am to do it. I'll get more cardio in after work, and now that it's summer, it's easier to get outside for exercise at night.

I recently finished the Couch to 5K running program, which I liked for getting in more cardio. I'm a slow runner, but love that I can run 3 miles now!
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well we are coming to an end and was wondering if any are going to do the program over again or maybe do Banish fat boost metabolism or no more trouble zones? Any opinions????
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 2 (yay!!!) and I don't know about anyone else but I feel like my abs aren't be worked enough. My arms and legs are definitely more toned but abs are the same as day 1. Because of this, I going to do 6 week 6 pack after 30 DS. I also started running again so hopefully my abs will finally get definition back :smile:
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    Well we are coming to an end and was wondering if any are going to do the program over again or maybe do Banish fat boost metabolism or no more trouble zones? Any opinions????

I'm going to do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, because I want something with a little more cardio so I can lose weight. I may add some strength training in once I start seeing weightloss.
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I did this one before 30DS, and liked it a lot. Some people say that you can get hurt doing this dvd, but I've had more aches and pains with 30DS! I used a 10lb kettlebell, and practiced the moves before doing the workout. I modified a lot, especially at first. It is 2 levels, and 30 minutes each.

I have this dvd but have never done it. I don't have a kettlebell though. Can I still do it with just a dumb bell? Did you find it was a good workout?
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Lovingmyrefle: yeah I want to get rid of this weight too so burn fat boost metabolism might be something I'll be interested in doing..love muscle but it's hiding under all this fat!! :) lol
  • CCNYE63
    Options

You can do it with a regular hand weight. I started that way, but needed something heavier so bought a 10lb kettlebell.
    I have this dvd but have never done it. I don't have a kettlebell though. Can I still do it with just a dumb bell? Did you find it was a good workout?