I am stuck....

Options
russlynne
russlynne Posts: 40 Member
Hi. I had RNY in May of 2006 and went from 265 to 135. My goal weight was 150 and the 135 was just TOO low. When you can see the bones in your chest and down your back, it's just too much. I needed to get back up to 150 and a comfortable size 8.
Well, it seems my weight had crept up to 177 and I need to get back on track.
I began watching my diet several weeks ago and a friend told me about MFP. I joined a week ago and since then I've been able to keep a strict watch on my daily food, Right now I seem to teeter from 173-172-173-172 since I joined.
My goal calorie intake is 1200 calories since I have a rather sedentary job....and my commute is 2+ hours a day. I do know I don't drink enough water...I've NEVER been a big water drinker. I usually get about 4-6 cups of water and 3-4 8oz cups of coffee in.
I just want to get back down to 150 by end of summer.

any ideas or advice is welcome.

Replies

• rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    What type of exercise routine do you have? Gotta move, that is key for me! I'm up at 5 am to get it done... You can totally do this Maybe even get back to basics with a couple days of only protein shakes for a jump start. Don't go below 1,200 calories, though.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I swear by 80 or more oz of water a day, 80-100 grams of protein and exercise of some sort for at least 30 minutes a day also. I am at about 1350 cals a day and get in 80-100 grams of protein and over 80 oz of water. I try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week and bike ride also daily if weather permits. I am in maintence right now and playing with the amount of calories I need to consume to stay at 130 or under 130 for my 5'4" height. So far so good for the last month or so I bounce up or down a pound but haven't went over 130 and have been as low as 125. Try getting more water in, it doesn't have to be just plain water, I count decaf coffee, decaf tea, 0 cal Sobe, 20 cal hot chocolate as fluids or water. I don't drink just plain water either. Good luck and let us know how it goes!