2 Minute guilt-free microwave "Apple Pie"

Options
ntinkham88
ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
Ok so it's not an actual apple pie but it's pretty dang close!

What you need:

Thinly sliced apple of your choice (I used Red Delicious)
Cooking spray
Microwave safe bowl
Topping of your choice - (Cinnamon, brown sugar, honey, walnuts, raisins...)

Directions:

Spray the bottom of the bowl with cooking spray.
Place your slices apples in the bowl.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
Add your toppings and mix. I just used cinnamon but you can get creative.
Enjoy! :)

Replies

• MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do something similar, & if I have the carbs/calories to spare, toast 1/2 a large pita & spoon it in. Then you get the feel of eating a turnover!
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    MaryCS62 wrote: »
    I sometimes do something similar, & if I have the carbs/calories to spare, toast 1/2 a large pita & spoon it in. Then you get the feel of eating a turnover!

That's a great idea!
  • MomaTplexus247
    MomaTplexus247 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like this idea, thanks
  • cmilner831
    cmilner831 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Always looking for a treat. This is a good idea! Thanks. :)
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This would make a nice desert test for my "not so into healthy eating" partner! He's now eating fruit-filled, protein rich overnight oatmeal as well as high protein, no sugar added homemade fruity ice cream and loving it! Maybe this will satisfy his sweet tooth.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    mlboyer100 wrote: »
    This would make a nice desert test for my "not so into healthy eating" partner! He's now eating fruit-filled, protein rich overnight oatmeal as well as high protein, no sugar added homemade fruity ice cream and loving it! Maybe this will satisfy his sweet tooth.

Do you have a recipe that you can share for "no sugar added homemade fruity ice cream"?
  • qgrosa
    qgrosa Posts: 8
    Options
    For a fruity ice cream with now sugar added. 1 6"long banana cut up into a blender 1 cup of frozen raw strawberries. Blend until creamy. Put in a bowl and stick it in freezer. Freeze over night and you have ice cream. I love it and so does the family. I will try the apple desert. Yummy

• March5536
    March5536 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'm trying that! Thank you.

From Weight Watchers 14 years ago I got a recipe called "Hot Banana". You take 1 peeled banana, sprinkle on cinnamon (to your liking), microwave 25 seconds (or until warm), then top with light or sugar free whipped topping. So good!