Period and then a mini period?

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
The last few months, I've had my period, and then about a week later I have like a little mini period--more than spotting, but not like my full period (which has become very heavy in the past year or so).

Is this a common peri thing??

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Wish I could answer.... I have my ovaries, which are shutting down on a fairly normal schedule, but had to have my uterus removed. I would check with my doctor just to make sure. When I was on the pill it gave me 2 periods a month, which caused me to get back off of it after 3 months of awful anemia.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    could be.....
    I would check with your doctor just to make certain its not being caused by something else
  • OrganicCat
    Options
    I've had cycles like that. Just had my appointment for the year and everything was ok. I'm 52, and each cycle I have, I wonder if (read: hope) it's my last.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OrganicCat wrote: »
    I've had cycles like that. Just had my appointment for the year and everything was ok. I'm 52, and each cycle I have, I wonder if (read: hope) it's my last.

I've had cycles like that too. And like Organic cat each time I think: please be over. Especially when it's 10, 20, 30 days late. ha.
  • OrganicCat
    Options
    I've gone as long as 4 months without a period, only to start back like clockwork for about a year. Now it's all crazy again.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    In the words of my 16 year old: not cool!
  • Doreen9686
    Options
    I have the same issues. Some months I have spotting for weeks and some I won't have my period at all. Sometimes it is extremely heavy and I have cramps and some months it's normal. Beyond frustrating and like the ladies above, I always hope I'm done! I recently read an article that says hot flashes can last up to 14 years...please do not be true!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Doreen9686 wrote: »
    I have the same issues. Some months I have spotting for weeks and some I won't have my period at all. Sometimes it is extremely heavy and I have cramps and some months it's normal. Beyond frustrating and like the ladies above, I always hope I'm done! I recently read an article that says hot flashes can last up to 14 years...please do not be true!!!

My vertigo/dizziness started in 2008. My hot flashes started in 2009. Night sweats the night before period started years ago, but ongoing night sweats started around 2009. I'm definitely ready.
  • bonzaikoko
    Options
    Hello....just had my hysterectomy 12 days ago n my first day to walk outdoor trail for 15min...thats hard since i m still in pain n on narco....yikes...hope this grp will help me get back on my feet n motivated...
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bonzaikoko!!! Hope you get too feeling better soon! :)

I had a mini period beginning of last month nothing more than spotting for 4 days then starting again 2 wks later only this time took me totally by surprise and man was it super heavy! :\
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The last couple of years I had my period, it was very unpredictable. Sometimes heavy and like clockwork, other times spotty and arriving whenever it felt like. I suspect what you're going through is completely normal. My period finally did stop two years ago...yay!
  • TinyT60
    TinyT60 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had this for around a year (as did some of my friends), but I think it's always worth getting checked, then my periods went to quarterly and now it's been nearly 9 mths since the last, so hoping it was the last!