Can't stop binging on non fasting days!

Options
hey everyone! So I've been doing 5:2 for about 2 weeks. The fasting days are easy... It's the non fasting days I have a problem with. I go way over calories! Does anybody else have a problem with this? Advice?

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more fat if you're hungry
    2. keep tracking. Get it down gradually, say by 100 calories a day 'til you're hitting TDEE.

A lot of people expect to do this pretty much forever (or until something better is developed), so two weeks is nothing. Just chill and try to be consistent and you'll get it nailed down eventually.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals ahead of time if you can. Know what you will eat on your NFDs before they happen and also plan some fun things for those days that don't involve food. You may be trying to make up for the FD by treating yourself with food. Filling that tank with something else you enjoy may help.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals ahead of time if you can. Know what you will eat on your NFDs before they happen and also plan some fun things for those days that don't involve food. You may be trying to make up for the FD by treating yourself with food. Filling that tank with something else you enjoy may help.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    How many non fast days do you have inbetween two fasts? It helps me to have at least two.
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    How many non fast days do you have inbetween two fasts? It helps me to have at least two.

I have 2 fast days. On Tuesdays and Thursdays

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    If you can, spread them out a little more. For example Mo / Th or Tu / Fr to see if the binging gets better.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Are you trying to eat at maintenance calories on your non-fast days?

Do you mean a genuine out of control binge or just struggling to stick to your allowance?
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Are you trying to eat at maintenance calories on your non-fast days?

Do you mean a genuine out of control binge or just struggling to stick to your allowance?

I am trying to eat at maintenance calories. It's just I'm sooo hungry the day after a fast and can eat anything in sight, and then I think, "oh well, I went over calories" and eat more. I think planning my food for the next day is a definite must.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry the day after a fast (which is logical really!). More often than not I will eat a bigger than normal breakfast which then sets me up for the day.

Funny enough I often get the breakfast ready on the evening of my fast as I'm looking forward to breakfast so much - part of the "OK I'm hungry today but I can eat tomorrow" mentality.

Planning and maybe food choices (protein and fat often more satiating than carbs) will definitely help. As does committing to your calorie goal of course.

And now I want bacon and eggs! :smiley: