Hi! My name is Tonya. I currently weigh 271lbs. My goal weight is to get to a weight between 130-145lbs. Today is actually my first full day of diet and exercise. I am gong to take it day by day. This way I won't get overwhelmed. I have chosen NOT to step back on a scale for at least a 6 month period.
I have a question. How do you use the EXTRA calories earned from exercise? Today it says that I've earned 253calories. Do I NEED to eat these calories or are these calories available JUST IN CASE I get hungry?

Thanks!

Replies

• Julie20fan
    Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
    Hey Tonya~

Welcome to the group. So happy to have you. Take each day as a new day and one step at a time. We are all here to help support you. Thank you for being so honest with your goals. It's always important to put them out there in front of you and work each day to reach them.

You had a caloric question. Let me first ask what is the caloric range you are trying to stay within? You always want to be at a deficit with your calories. Meaning you never want to eat more than what your goal is. For example, I am within a 1300-1500 caloric range. Now this means I do not want to go over the 1500 mark. If I want to maintain my weight without losing then I can go right to the 1500 mark. If you want to lose then you want to take in less. That doesn't mean starve yourself because then your body will go into starvation mode and you are doing your body any good. Does this make sense?