Fit bit is so negative - is it important for koto kids?

Hi so I'm kinda new to Keto - I got a fit bit thinking it would motivate me to be a little more active - but it's stressing me out!!!!

I am active with weight lifting a minimum of 4 days a week ( 40-60 minutes a time) I have my macros set at 5% carbs 20 % protein and 75% fat. My caloric intake is around 1300 I believe.

I havea heck of a time getting enough protein into my diet - and today I'm quite short! After working out for 40 minutes lifting - speed walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes my exercise is only at just over 100. Fit bit keeps making my workouts negative!

Should I just disable the fit bit tracker and focus on mfp? Is it more important to get in the exact macros regardless of caloric intake when I'm this active.

Sheesh the only thing I seem certain of these days is tracking the water....

Help!!!!!!!

Kerri

Replies

• KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Fitbit should be good for the treadmill although it depends on the model and with some people the arm motion. It won't be good for weights, there is no way for the sensor to tell if you are lifting a 1# weight or a 100#. It's probably better to enter those things manually.
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    You can turn off negative calorie adjustments - go to diary settings on the website then uncheck the option.
  • kerrihwilson
    kerrihwilson Posts: 30 Member
    I did enter those things manually. The problem is it expects me to walk the 10k and calculates predicted burn - but also wants a deficite in calories. When it syncs with my fitness pal - it negates all my activities including allowing for a negative number of steps that didn't get done yet ... Causing me to have like 1000 over on my food diary ... Like - 1000 in the red after logging workouts....

I have disabled the negative adjustment ... I ignored the " steps" and ate the required amout to get my protien macros perfect ( because I hadn't hardly had any protien and did some pretty heavy lifting).

Macros in check. Calories still showing a deficite now that I turned that setting off ... I feel better without it in the red ... And it's strange because it was just a setting. I still was just as active and consumed the exact same things - I'm thinking too much info isn't
  • kerrihwilson
    *** good for me...
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    You probably have your activity level set on Fitbit too high. The activity levels on both Fitbit and MFP should be set the same, as well as the deficit you are wanting. It's negating calories because you are not burning the amount of calories in a day MFP thinks you are based on what you entered for activity.
  • kerrihwilson
    I think I sorted it out. Turned off negative adjustment and everything is in sync now. Also lost 2 lbs last night - so I'm just in a much better mood overall. :). Thanks for the tips!

With Keto o find my losses slow if I don't consume the proper macros and reach the caloric goals. If I have a huge deficit ... I will plateau ( when I'm active). If I'm sedentary ... It doesn't seem to matter as much. So weird
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    @kerrihwilson‌ You can also change your steps goals in the FitBit Dashboard to match your goals since aimless cardio is not your priority!