Does anyone else actually really LIKE fasting days?

Options
i really like fasting days! I feel so good on them, its like pressing the "reset" button. And it totally clears out my digestive system (sorry if that was tmi) Does anyone else find themselves looking forward to a fasting day?

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I do! The feeling of lightness and emptiness (as opposed to feeling full or thinking about what to eat next) is a pleasant effect of this way of life.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    TMI? I guess you missed the whole thread on doodie! (teehee...doodie)

No...as to liking fast days...I want to pig out all day everyday, and fasting gets in the way of that...dangit.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a love hate relationship with them. If I've indulged in lots of grain carbs or food in general I do look forward to them. I like the control, I have on fast days. I don't like the hunger, that I feel on some fast days. I do like being in the normal weight range and I got there with the help of 5:2. And now 5:2 helps me maintain my weight, because I still just love food too much :o
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Me!!!!! I love the feeling of control and Yep it helps out the digestive system
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I like them because of their simplicity. I know I am limited to 500 cals so I don't have a lot of choices and meals to deal with. No food drama that day.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Same here, fast days are so simple, I eat the same most fast days so don't have to even think about meal planning, so simple. Love em!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I don't "like" them in the sense that they're exactly pleasurable, but I like that I feel like this is my "food exercise" or stomach or willpower or something else exercise.

Or the off part of the cycle. Time to eat, time to not eat. It closes the circle.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I really liked them in the first week or 10 days when my body was adapting. Never felt so alive, alert and focussed, but think that was probably all cortisol, lol. After that I think my body just adapted, and I don't particularly mind them since then.

Overall I really like the cycle of plenty and the cycle of scarcity that fasting enables, and actually think such a cycle is far healthier and beneficial for us than the cycle of low-level deprivation that most dieters observe when seeking to lose weight. In most ways fasting as a tool for weight loss, and I would also say weight management, would seem to be quite a good way to go. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Nope! :(

But I do enjoy six days a week eating a slight surplus - life is a balance as are my calories over the course of a week....
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I really enjoy them but they are a necessary evil and come with the territory.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Love them myself...like a real challenge and great satisfaction when it's completed :D Haven't had a decent fast since early this month but looking forward to getting back to them.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes I like them, as I feel empowered. I have taken control of food rather than the other way round. Looking forward to tomorrow.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've learned to love them because life becomes very simple. Like Jilly I tend to eat the same things on FDs and - unlike other diets I've tried - I don't obsess over food. I've even learned to embrace the hunger pangs since I know I'm only a few hours away from being able to eat normally again. As someone said on here: Just one day away from pudding! :wink:
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love fast days. Don't know why, but they are so easy! I always feel in control, and much lighter (and hydrated!)
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    I have a bit of a love hate relationship with them. If I've indulged in lots of grain carbs or food in general I do look forward to them. I like the control, I have on fast days. I don't like the hunger, that I feel on some fast days. I do like being in the normal weight range and I got there with the help of 5:2. And now 5:2 helps me maintain my weight, because I still just love food too much :o

Same here!!
  • hayleymawr
    hayleymawr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love them too. But for different reasons. I love to cook (and eat) and I love the challenge of fast days, finding and making lovely 100 - 150 cal meals, which I really enjoy- proving to myself that I don't have to go without, even when severely restricting calories. It's also a great feeling of control and cleansing- after a heavy weekend Monday fast feels, frankly, necessary. Love it.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @hayleymawr - we would benefit greatly from you sharing some of your recipes on our recipe threads!