Looking for motivating friends.

Options
KickboxDiva
KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
Hi guys. I'm looking for like minded women to be my co motivating fp friends. I lost 40 lbs this year. Went from 43 to 18% pinch test. Have dieted for 12 months off and on. Now I have about 10 lbs left and I've been slowly upping my calories intuitively to support muscle and am so glad to have found a like minded group. It's scary and no one I know thinks it's a good idea. I don't want to diet for ever!

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I think if you friend almost anyone who posts on here they will support you in your goals. If you lift weights, you should eat to support that. And with 18% body fat, I'd suggest that you actually DON'T have 10 lbs to go to lose. What you should be doing is maintenance.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @mymodernbabylon‌ Thanks- I'm taking that 18% as a good measurement tool because my trainer has measured me the same way for a year so I know I have reduced a lot. However, I look at lots of videos of fitness models ect and I am most definitely NOT as lean as they are when they say they are 18%. I figure if he did the pinch test on my butt, back of thighs, and breast we'd hear a different story! I'm very happy at this weight but at 5'7" 168 I still feel like I have about 10 lbs to lose. I'm willing to do it very slow while gaining strength and muscle. In clothes I am very happy. I'm just working on vanity pounds now for the beach and to say for once I did it! :wink:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So not 10 lbs of weight, but 10 lbs of fat. If that, since it's not very dense, 1 lb can be a lot of space.

Always make sure you distinguish in mind what you are talking about.

Losing 10 lbs of weight would probably stress your body out enough you'd actually have a hard time accomplishing it.

Sounds like you want a body transformation more.

And the closer you eat to maintenance, the better than can occur. As long as you have the rest for recovery and repair to allow it. And eating more allows that to happen faster too.

I'd almost think if _he_ did those pinch tests in a couple spots he'd get a slap in the face! ;-)

• mymodernbabylon
    Options
    I would definitely not try to lose weight then as heybales said. Trying to be a 'weight' just for the sake of it isn't really great - I know, I've been there. It sounds like you want to lose fat so a body recomp is a better thing for you - it might take longer but you'll get to eat more and it'll give you the strength to do more (thus losing more fat).
  • MSGerieTG15
    Options
    Hello I'm new , and wanted to know if anybody lives in Miami?
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to lifting, just started in January. I want to firm and lose last bit of fat. I am no longer focusing on scales because I know I will probably go up if I can gain muscle. Looking for support and diaries to look at. I do like to eat! I am not one to do 1200 cal a day, I need much more just to stay sane. Also looking for friends if interested. I like daily communication and motivation not just the like button.
  • mymodernbabylon
    Options
    If you are looking to gain muscle, make sure you go to the gaining weight forum on the main boards - they have a lot of info about 'bulking' and doing 'recomps'.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    also sent a request :-) Feel free to add me as well, looking for friends that actually eat