Cheerios

Or
Eggs scrambled (2)
Wheat toast w peanut butter

Replies

• Rsmiley07
    Rsmiley07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In the post-pancake day spirit, I thought I would share my favorite healthy pancake recipe! They take about 3 minutes to make, and only two ingredients!

One large banana
    Two small eggs
    Cinnamon (optional)

1. Mash the banana in a bowl until it is mushy and quite liquid
    2. Add the two eggs
    3. Stir together until combined in a smooth mixture an alternative is giving them a pulse or two in a blender
    4. Stir in cinnamon to taste- I usually add a good dash
    5. Heat some low fat butter in a skillet, and cook the pancakes as you usually would- I recommend keeping them about the size of your palm, because they can be tricky to flip.
    6. Serve!

I would recommend slicing some strawberries and placing them between each layer of the pancake stack with a thin spread of a nut butter of your choice. Then drizzle with a bit of maple syrup!

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yum… love the pancake recipe! Breakfast for me is typically greek yogurt and a banana. Then will substitute in either Total cereal with milk, low-fat granola (mixed with the yogurt), whole wheat toast (sometimes with peanut butter and jam sometimes just with butter), or scrambled eggs (whatever I'm in the mood for. May change up quantities to mix and match. Usually will add some cut up strawberries to the cereal and granola.