My Total Gym goals are...

Options
Miyak0
Miyak0 Posts: 13 Member
To loose weight, gain upper body strength and lengthen with Pilates moves.

Replies

• 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    To gain some muscle and in doing so, lose some weight :D
  • Falling2Grace
    Falling2Grace Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i have a significant amount of weight to lose, as well i would like to get lean arms and legs. i have lost a lot of muscle mass and im to the point now that my day to day life is impacted by that. I also need to build core strength to help rid pain from a back injury.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Grace, I know what you mean about loosing muscle affecting your daily life. I was much stronger a year and a half ago, and lost it. It feels horrible, worse than the fat I gained since then. I *despise* feeling weak.
    Therefor, my first TG goal is to safely build back up to using my olympic weight set without overdoing it. TG is perfect for that, since deadlifting 70lbs right now probably wouldn't feel very good. lol
    Second goal is to continue using the TG for pilates. It's amazing.
    Third goal is to work up to using a real pull-up bar by using the TG wing attachment.
  • Madquilter65
    Madquilter65 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh my use the pull up bar yesterday during my tg work out and this morning my shoulders hurt so good! Still learning all of what I can do with this machine
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I got in a short workout yesterday and plan to get in another today...been kinda slacking.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    To tone, burn fat, and build up my strength and endurance :smiley:
  • Barneslifer
    Barneslifer Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi there, I got a TG a few weeks back and the best I've gotten is used 3 days in one week. I am still playing around with different moves to do, and I constantly have a 4 year old that tells me how I should be using it (lol). How do I log the exercises and how do I know what I've burnt. So far I've only gotten to about 15 minutes. I usually try to do each move 25 times before moving on to the next. Then I'm done, but I guess really I can repeat the same moves to get past 15 minutes right? I've been moving the height up and down. Holla back ;)
  • TrekkGuy
    TrekkGuy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal is to develop a habit of portion control and regular fitness using a TG, stationary bike and MFP. My long term weight goal is to go from 10 lb south of obese to 5 lb into average weight. (45 lb.)

My short term goal is to get an easy to moderate TG routine I can use to learn the TG equipment and grow with it.

Also, get off high blood pressure meds. That would likely be 20 lb. lower than present.

• K_life
    K_life Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First goal is get back into habit of working out on the TG regularly. To lose excess fat & gain muscle strength. To be in the best shape of my life. ~60kg and dress size 8-10.
  • NewLuna
    NewLuna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Okay, I realize this group has some old posts . . . and doesn't look like any recent activity. But as I proceed in my weight loss second time around so should this group. Or at least I hope, someone reading it will join me in putting some life into it.

I have lost and gained 70lbs. I'm back putting my health first and realize I have a long way to go. I'm tired of hurting from this weight. I want my life back.

I've an old total gym that I found gave me much awareness of my body. In other words, muscles I never knew existed, ha,ha. And it will be a major part of this journey again.

Join the group, share your story, and lets support one another.