February 23

Options
kaliya89
kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
Morning, everyone!

School was delayed for two hours today (I'm a teacher), and I was really tempted to just sleep in late and push my exercise back until tomorrow - especially because I was already sore when I went to bed last night just from the hour long introduction Zumba video thing I did.

But I'm tired of making excuses, so I got up earlier than I had to (fortunately today that meant 6:30 instead of the 4:30 it will have to be normal days), and I did the 20 minute express video. I'm now really tired, but I feel good because I actually did it. :smile:

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! You go girl! I'm lying here in bed in a blanket cocoon debating whether or not to get up for aqua tai chi because it's Sooooo cold here. Your post just inspired me to go for it!
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good work on doing the early morning video! That is quite the feat. Mornings are not my happiest of times haha, especially when I have a weekend without much sleep. I have no one to blame but myself though.

I have found out that the musical is going to be more of a workout than I thought. There isn't only going to be a fair bit of dancing, but I also am going to be lifting my dance partner. She is a great lady, but she is fairly Amazonian in build. This is the week where I learn if I can sing while holding 300 pounds in my arms as I am slowly spinning. I am feeling pretty confident that it shouldn't be an issue (I made one of my larger cohorts practice with me), but wish me luck!

How is everyone finding the beginning of the challenge? I managed to prepare a lunch for today so I am already doing better than I feared.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I got sidetracked by the warmth of my bed and the horrifying cold outside and didn't go to tai chi, so I need to pick something later. I think it's going to be swimming on the harness for an hour. I think our cold spell is going to break next week, thank goodness. I just loathe going out in subzero temps.

Yummy breakfast of protein shake and coffee!!

Welcome back, Zac!! What show are you doing?
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    We are doing the Pirates of Penzance. I have always loved the show and I just couldn't say no to auditioning for it haha.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I managed to get two days of walking my 10,000 steps in...combining walking at work and walking on my treadmill. Now to get the weight training in...dusting off those kettle bells!! Am trying to come out of my 'funk' ....gained most of the weight I lost last year...back. So am trying to get back in the swing of things...One day at a time!!

• KarenZen
    Options
    You can do this, Nancy!
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Did my 10K + steps today, lifted a few weight sitting in a chair, and did 40 squats...trying a beginners challenge! Day done...off to bed!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    Did my 10K + steps today, lifted a few weight sitting in a chair, and did 40 squats...trying a beginners challenge! Day done...off to bed!

Well done, my friend! Feels good, doesn't it?
  • catladyksa
    Options
    [quote=

Well done, my friend! Feels good, doesn't it?[/quote]

Honestly...not really! lol...but a least I did it....got off my bum.....now that is something....again, one day at a time.