Pole Installation Question (pics)

Options
jdhcm2006
jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of searching for a removable pole for my home. I want one that is both spin/static. However, I live in a condo, my options are very limited with space (especially since I don't live alone).

I wanted a X-Pole X-Pert, but the space that it could go in my laundry room would not fit the top ceiling plate. I cannot get a permanent pole b/c I do not own this place, plus I would want the option to take it down. And although a standalone pole is an option, it's so damn expensive that it's not a viable option. After taking all of these things into consideration, I came across the Platinum Stages New Extreme One Piece Super Pole.

I would prefer to place the pole in my room, but I can put it in the laundry room if need be. I have a wooden beam that goes across the ceiling in my room, and I think the Platinum Stages New Extreme One Piece Super Pole could fit on it.

f3pnq5u7il6h.jpg

My question is would this be secure (assuming that the measurements are correct and the top ceiling plate would fit on it)? I know you are supposed to make sure that poles are up against a joist/beam, and this is a beam/joist only it's on the exterior.

On the Platinum Stages website they advertise the pole that I'm interested in like this:

shop.platinumstages.com/New-Extreme-One-Piece-Super-Pole-Under-10_p_76.html#

So it seems very plausible that the setup in my bedroom could work with this pole, but I wanted to get some other opinions.

Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    Options
    Update: I finally got in contact with Platinum Stages and the top ceiling piece is 10in. So it would have to go in my laundry room.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am glad you got an answer. I read your post, but had nothing to offer. :)
  • jdhcm2006
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am glad you got an answer. I read your post, but had nothing to offer. :)

Thanks anyway! I ended up buying a X-Pole Sport 45mm Chrome. It doesn't spin, but I don't see myself using the spin option enough to warrant spending $850 for the X-Stage Lite. My new pole should be here on Friday! I can't wait.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have an X-pole Xpert, but I don't really know how to do much on spin mode, so it doesn't get much use. I had static only for the first two and a half years I was poling. Didn't slow me down a bit. :)