The 5:2 Fitness Thread

Options
2»

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yup, that's how I get my allotted cals up from 1500-1600 to 1700-2000 :):)

I count the cals with a good hrm, so they are more accurate, than from apps, cardio and strength machines, etc. The cals I get from them are often way to high. (I'm short, normal BMI, generally low hr = lower burns)

If you are using the infos from apps and machines, only eat 50-75% of them back. If I remember correctly, you are not very tall either. Chances are apps will over estimate your burns as you don't fit into the 'average' mold.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    aniqa109 wrote: »
    Hi can i ask do u eat back exercise calories on non fast days?

I do.
    My exercise routine varies enormously in duration and intensity from day to day and week to week. Doing an average method like TDEE wouldn't work for me at all well.
    When cycling over two hours you really need to fuel your rides or you will have problems with glycogen depletion ("bonking" or "hitting the wall" as runners call it).

If you have a more regular routine then really choosing the TDEE method or the MFP method just comes down to personal preference.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I decided to go on google maps today and find a doable walk around my neighbourhood. I have mapped the journey to my local shops and back and found that it is 1.8 miles round trip (Its exciting to find this out because I have done this before so I know that it won't be too difficult). Now that the weather seems to be improving, I'm going to try to do this after I drop the kids at school and push the two little ones with me. This should give me a good start to the day. I also discovered that my phone has a pedometer on it which also maps my journey, so I'll also give that a try too.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    I decided to go on google maps today and find a doable walk around my neighbourhood. I have mapped the journey to my local shops and back and found that it is 1.8 miles round trip (Its exciting to find this out because I have done this before so I know that it won't be too difficult). Now that the weather seems to be improving, I'm going to try to do this after I drop the kids at school and push the two little ones with me. This should give me a good start to the day. I also discovered that my phone has a pedometer on it which also maps my journey, so I'll also give that a try too.

Worth checking out Runkeeper as a free app for your phone.