sugar cravings - or cravings in general.

Options
2»

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    The pickle juice is also awesome at balancing electrolyte levels and can help with soreness and muscle cramping after a workout.

I wish I'd read this earlier this week. Last night, I was trying to up my sodium, so I had a pile of pickles and a couple glugs of pickle juice (I remember seeing something about it helping you retain enough water to function well, etc.).... Finally feeling human again/the cracked lips are healing. :) Then I log in this morning and see this. So smiling...living proof here!

Glad you are feeling well again!

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    The pickle juice is also awesome at balancing electrolyte levels and can help with soreness and muscle cramping after a workout.

I wish I'd read this earlier this week. Last night, I was trying to up my sodium, so I had a pile of pickles and a couple glugs of pickle juice (I remember seeing something about it helping you retain enough water to function well, etc.).... Finally feeling human again/the cracked lips are healing. :) Then I log in this morning and see this. So smiling...living proof here!

Glad you are feeling well again!

These chapped/cracked lips were worse than anything I've ever had short of severe sunburn/windburn. And they just wouldn't heal! Coconut oil on them didn't help. Eating it did a little, but everything was short lived. Ended up sleeping with Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm on all week. Just have to remember to salt load even more than normal until I'm fully keto adapted which is normally what, around 4 weeks?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    UGH! I spoke too soon. The cracks are back. I've had tons of water, salt, and fat today already. Guess I'm buying more pickles on my way home... I wonder if I cut the pickle juice half with water if I can drink more of it in a day?