Suddenly lost interest in logging calories - Good or bad??

So I've actually really enjoyed my almost 2 months of logging calories. It has been interesting to really learn what is what, and being faced with inputting the calories has deterred me from making some bad decisions (like pizza - which every time I almost order, I look up the calories of just one slice, and I'm like EWW!!).

I'm almost at my goal weight, just a couple of vanity pounds to go, and I've been reading about muscle building, weight lifting, and I read an article comparing a scrawny girl at 130-something to the same girl at 147lbs but totally buff looking. I want to be buff, not skinny. I want abs - not crazy body builder ones, just hot girl ones.

Then, Saturday, I suddenly did not want to log my calories. It suddenly felt like a total chore. I know I ate okay, it's not that there was something I didn't want to log, in fact, I played beach volleyball all day and burnt off a ton of calories. I think I'm just over it. I know that I know how to eat healthy (I have, in fact, had abs before), and I think a couple of months of really facing the facts has helped me get back to that point. Now I'm busy, I'm healthy, I'm working out, I just don't want to log every single thing. I don't care if I reach my goal weight any more, I just want to watch my body for slow, steady results - and now I know that might mean getting HEAVIER.

Thoughts??? Am I reaching a point where I can drop the calorie counting and just make healthy decisions after 2 months? Or am I being a lazy quitter?

Replies

• stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    I am going to say it's bad you lost interest, because it means you may be falling of the wagon.. OR if you feel confident enough to where you know what your calorie intake is and you know the food you eat remains along those lines then by all means don't log anymore. You aren't obligated to log all the time, some people need to always keep track others don't. At the same time, if you feel yourself getting heavier (it's happened to me as well) get back on and start logging for a week or two just to get back on track.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    See what happens. Give it a week two. You may still eat well or you may go mad. If its the latter, it may only last a few days before you WANT to log again.
  • For me, not logging is a BAD idea and led me down the road to weight gain. I have decided that I need to track my eating for the rest of my life after several experiences w/ regaining some of what I've lost after thinking I didn't need to log/weigh myself anymore.
  • I think it`s fine. You know what you are doing and just got off track for a while and gained weight. Logging food is not supposed to be forever. It`s just to show you how much are in things, once you know that, well. YOur on your own right.

Could you imagine logging for the rest of your life. Maybe if you have psychological issues with food you have too. But let`s focus on the rest of our lives too.
  • What about logging it in a different sort of way? If your goal isn't about calories or weight, then don't worry about it. What about eating at maintenance to see how that makes you feel? Or instead of logging to track macros and calories, how about a food diary where you track what you ate and how you felt after it? You can figure out all the foods that give you the best energy and make you feel good; learn what your body wants.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Some people need to log forever, some don't. I think it's healthy not too, but for me I gain weight back when I stop, I'm a natural overeater I guess lol. The advantage to not logging is that you listen to your body more I think. Give yourself a logging break but don't stop weighing....if you slide up five pounds, assess what you have been eating. Go forth and prosper!!!