Programs with Chalene

Options
Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
How many have you done?

How many times have you done them?

Which is your favorite?

Which would you like to own but don't currently?

I have done 3: ChaLean Extreme, TurboFire, and PiYo.

I have completed CLX 3 times, never finished a solid series of TF, but did do PiYo once.

My favorite is CLX, but I did like the results from PiYo. I just hated the music and "Drench."

I would like to own the CLX Deluxe DVDs, but don't... yet!

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am doing my second round of CLX. Before this second round I did the 12 week schedule with Turbofire. TF is my favorite between the two. If I do not run that is usually my cardio during the week. I also used it to replace the cardio when I did Body Revolution. I have no coordination but it is so much fun. I can't say I get excited about CLX and I am still trying to lose weight and have a hard time getting my protein up at 1325 calories a day.

I want PIYO next. I like the idea of giving my body a break from all the jumping around I have been doing with TF since I got it. I could also use more flexibility.
  • SusanJenai
    SusanJenai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Iv'e done three Chalene Programs. TurboFire, CLX, Piyo. Loved TurboFire but didn't get great results so I added in CLX and then I got awesome results using both programs. I still do TurboFire HIIT's for cardio. Completed TF and CLX both once then started free styling the programs. Haven't completed Piyo yet cause I wont go near "Drench." CLX is my favorite and I'm going back to it this summer. I'm planning on a CLX and Insanity Max30 Hybrid! Yikes!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    For Drench i tried to do the entire program but had limited time, so I would skip the sections i didn't like (mainly the "flow" portion) in order to keep it under 45 minutes.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So what is Drench? I thought the longest workout was 45 minutes.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I think it's listed at 50, but more like 55.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've done Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire, and Piyo as well.

PiYo twice- I love that program
    Turbo Fire- I got 2 months in... had surgery for endometriosis and had to take time off. I liked the results I was getting but it will be a while before my body is back to the point where it can handle those kind of workouts.
    Chalean Extreme- Completed once. I'm just finishing week 2 of round two now. :)
  • Jessikin13
    Jessikin13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm about to finish my last week of lean. I've always done something else after finishing ie. P90X3, Turbofire.

Has anyone seen good results doing the program essentially back to back?

I have lost a decent amount of weight (almost 21 lbs) by adding in some extra cardio during lunch Monday-Friday. I have some jiggly parts still and I'm thinking continuing with strength training would help alleviate some of that.

Thoughts?
  • Pipsg1rl
    Options
    I haven't done 2 in a row, but I'm sure with the gains you've made in strength a second round could be good for you.
    Possibly you might enjoy a CLX/TF type of hybrid. What I tried to do was sub the CLX cardio with TF.
    Doing a CLX and then a short TF video will also be a good way to go, but make sure to listen to your body for rest.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Pipsg1rl , give the hybrid a try. I did a CLX/insanity hybrid 2 yrs ago.
    Jessikin13 wrote: »
    I'm about to finish my last week of lean. I've always done something else after finishing ie. P90X3, Turbofire.

Has anyone seen good results doing the program essentially back to back?

I have lost a decent amount of weight (almost 21 lbs) by adding in some extra cardio during lunch Monday-Friday. I have some jiggly parts still and I'm thinking continuing with strength training would help alleviate some of that.

Thoughts?

Haven't tried any of her other programs, but besides JMBR, CLX is still one of my favorite!!!!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have done the turbofire workouts...

Today I just finished Lean workout 2. Great workout!