emotional eating and depression

Options
2»

Replies

• juanita1963
    juanita1963 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't just east when I'm depressed. I eat when I'm bored, happy, sad, you name it. My mom passed away a week before Christmas and the two and a half months after that I gained quite a bit of weight from eating the depression away. The hardest part is when I'm home alone. But I've come to grips with some of that and am doing better. The heart disease that ended her life too early runs in the family, though I've been fortunate so far no need to take chances.
  • SashaMaja
    SashaMaja Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have depression. Yesterday I was just struggling with not trying to overeat. You just get in one of those moods, you're not really hungry but all you can think about is how great it would feel to grab a handful of crap and stuff it into your face to try to feel better. It sucks. I can't seem to stop it.

I struggle with emotional/mood issues, and I find that when I am having a tough day emotionally I want to eat just to taste the food in my mouth. And once that food is gone I need more. I track everything, the good and the bad. But it makes me feel so out of control because it's a feeling that I find impossible to ignore. I am enjoying the exercise I do but it is not enough to counterbalance this emotional eating. I just take it one day at a time. Not every day is like this. I could use support and would love to be able to support someone else in the same shoes. So add me if you would like.
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have depression. Yesterday I was just struggling with not trying to overeat. You just get in one of those moods, you're not really hungry but all you can think about is how great it would feel to grab a handful of crap and stuff it into your face to try to feel better. It sucks. I can't seem to stop it.
    Exactlyy.ur not hungry but then you just hve a cravxx and controls portions of cravxx is really tough
  • aitchtee1792
    aitchtee1792 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Loving the idea of H.A.L.T - I haven't heard of this before - I will use this as I 100% suffer from over eating. Depression and Anxiety sucks!
  • Melanieb625
    Melanieb625 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't think I struggle with depression. I eat when I'm bored, tired, angry, too hungry and stressed. White potatoes create the sensation of depression so I avoid them.
    I'm not sure if you're comfortable with cross-talk, but maybe some probing questions would help...

Cross-talk? Not familiar. What is this?