Recipes

Options
RachelX04
RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
Have any great recipes to share feel free to post them here.

Replies

• michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    this went over pretty well this weekend "Crack Chicken" ....original recipe was 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, 16oz cream cheese and a packet of ranch dressing mix (the dry stuff) ... I only had a pound of chicken, and used 4 oz greek yogurt cream cheese, and 4 Tbsp greek yogurt ranch dressing (had it in the fridge and way less sodium than the packet) throw in crockpot and let it go.. shred chicken and add a couple slices crumbled bacon (real, turkey, bits...whatever) and eat on toasted rolls (original recipe said melt cheddar jack on the rolls, did for the family but skipped on mine and was still yummy)
  • RachelX04
    Options
    sounds yummy. thanks for sharing. I will try this
  • michelefrench
    Options
    hubs ate it cold on a sandwich the next day so I will make again...and my version was well within my dietary goals... :D (*)
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mexican Chicken Rice

chicken
    Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients:
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
    Add chicken to slow cooker.
    Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
    Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
    Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
    Serve with rice.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 157.2
    Total Fat: 3.3 g
    Cholesterol: 63.4 mg
    Sodium: 654.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 6.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
    Protein: 24.3 g
  • RachelX04
    Options
    Looks good Don, thanks for sharing. I think my kids will like that one and its a slow cooker recipe
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Black Bean soup

I did weightwatchers a few years ago, and this is the best recipe I tried of theirs. I still make it all the time. The 1 1/2 cup portion is huge, and comes out to be about 165 calories, 35g carbs, 1g fat, 11g protein, 9g fiber, and 3g sugar. It is soooo good and filling, and if you have some extra calories to use, its great with a little light sour cream and reduced fat cheese thrown in and chips on the side, not that I'd ever do that ;)

Ingredients:

1 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 medium uncooked onion, finely chopped
    4 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
    45 oz canned black beans, undrained, divided (three 15 oz cans)
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
    1 tsp ground cumin
    14 1/2 oz fat-free chicken broth, or vegetable broth
    10 oz canned tomatoes with green chilis, such as Rotel Tomatoes
    11 oz canned yellow corn, drained
    ( I just use frozen corn instead of canned)

Instructions:
    Coat bottom of a large stockpot with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.

Place one can of beans in blender; add sautéed onion mixture, red pepper flakes and cumin. Cover and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture back into stockpot.

Place second can of beans and broth in blender and puree until smooth; add to stockpot.

Stir third can of beans (do not puree first), tomatoes and green chilies, and corn into stockpot. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of soup per serving.
  • michelefrench
    Options
    I use that blender trick a lot to make things seem creamy - actually have shrimp corn chowder for lunch today that I made the same way...sounds really tasty and filling Oberon, right up my alley - thanks!
  • michelefrench
    Options
    not really a recipe..but I've been satisfying my sweet tooth (near nightly) with an 80 or 100 calorie greek yogurt. I put in freezer for 45 minutes or an hour and then stir in sugar free chocolate chips or flaked coconut or crushed nuts (all by the measured tablespoon) ... tasty little tub of ice cream-ish substance without blowing my goals...
  • RachelX04
    Options
    sounds very tasty indeed. Michele. I've been adding peanut butter, semi sweet chocolate chips and shredded organic coconut on top of a chocolate quest bar for a nice sweet treat. heat it in the microwave for 20 seconds and enjoy
  • michelefrench
    Options
    oooo...I like nuked Quest - never thought of sprucing them up though...
  • michelefrench
    Options
    it's frozen right now as I made it lasts nite, so i'll follow up when I actually eat (drink) it, and log...but I taste tested last nite and oh yum!!! (unsweetened almond milk, frozen spinach, peppermint extract and 2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips in the blender...shamrock shake-ish :D ...I hope)
  • michelefrench
    Options
    yup...very shamrock shake-ish...very good!!!!
  • RachelX04
    Options
    Awesome I must try it, thanks Michele
  • RachelX04
    Options
    I made baked salmon with salsa on top last night. I used parchment paper so it wouldn't stick and just added a bottle of mild salmon on top cover with tin foil and bake 22 minutes. The salmon was fresh not frozen
  • michelefrench
    Options
    Salmon is about the only seafood I dont like.but well done..assuming you meant mild salsa on salmon ;)
  • RachelX04
    Options
    yes, your right Michelle.. Mild salsa.. LOL
  • michelefrench
    Options
    buffalo cauliflower and apple/cheddar/quinoa soup for lunch today...if they taste decent i'll share recipes....
  • michelefrench
    Options
    I skipped 3/4 of the cheese and the croutons on top....still pretty dam tasty!!
  • RachelX04
    Options
    sweet, thanks Michele I shall try this. I made crockpot ground chicken lasagna and added extra veggies and only added cheese to the top and noone noticed. also making it in the crockpot you use less noodles. I'll find the link and add it here.