Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    heres the link. I used less noodles and added extra veggies. http://www.busybuthealthy.com/crock-pot-lean-turkey-lasagna/
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    did you use regular noodles and do the submerge them in water trick it says to do??? I've never heard that before and wondered if it worked...been chicken to cook pasta in the slow cooker....
  • michelefrench
    Options
  • michelefrench
    Options
    look out...I just learned how to add pics here....7q8vxfy8o9au.jpg
  • RachelX04
    Options
    did you use regular noodles and do the submerge them in water trick it says to do??? I've never heard that before and wondered if it worked...been chicken to cook pasta in the slow cooker....

I used the oven ready noodles. didn't do anything to them just added them to the lasagna. Let it cook

• michelefrench
    Options
    I've got some of those in my cupboard!!!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    6zcv4r29zps9.jpg

Sacred Heart Soup

Intense weight loss if eaten to much. Yet a very tasty soup!!! I make it and it freezes great!!!

Very easy to make. That is my bowl and soup. If I can do it anyone can!

Most Popular Sacred Heart Soup Recipe
    ◾1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
    ◾3 plus large green onions
    ◾1 large can of beef broth (no fat)
    ◾1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
    ◾1 bunch of celery
    ◾2 cans green beans
    ◾2 lbs Carrots
    ◾2 Green Peppers

Season with salt, pepper curry, parsley, if desired, or bouillon, hot or Worcestershire sauce. Cut veggies in small to medium pieces. Cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until vegetables are tender.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 20
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 71.7
    Total Fat: 0.6 g
    Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    #######Sodium: 450.3 mg #######
    Total Carbs: 13.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
    Protein: 2.3 g
    High in sodium for sure!

soup.jpg 139.3K
  • michelefrench
    Options
    20 servings per recipe?? I like the idea of it, and my tweaks would be...beef stock (well veggie as I usually have in cupboard) instead of broth (more flavor, less salt) , skip soup packet and add fresh/dried spices, fresh or frozen green beans (cause that's what I have, less salt) ...and then to be all fancy and *kitten*, I'd take 1/2 of the soup out of the pot and throw it in the blender, then re-add to rest to make it "creamy" ...how's that??
  • RachelX04
    Options
    I love the way you think Michele. Tweeks to reduce sodium are good. I would add some black beans instead of the chicken noodle soup mix and extra veggies (whatever I have on hand), and spices. I have lots of flavor god spices. I like the idea of the blender part to make it creamy. thanks Don and Michele
  • michelefrench
    Options
    well that didn't work as planned...that's my salsa verde turkey burger in a smart pocket w/ultra thin cheddar cheese...recipe to follow...
  • michelefrench
    edited April 2015
    Options
    or not...stupid MFP - xlean ground turkey, egg, panko, salsa verde, greek yogurt (or low fat) cream cheese, and I added shredded slaw mix cause turkey needs something to keep it moist...also cumin, red pepper flakes, whatever floats your boat...mush cream cheese w/the egg and salsa verde...mix w/the rest and make burgers...bake 350 till done...20 minutes?? or grill or whatever...

mine came in at 151 calories, 12 gm carb, 3 gm fat and 17 protein...
  • RachelX04
    Options
    that sounds yummy. I will try this thanks Michele