What helps you when you're really hungry on a fast day?

Options
Sometimes I feel great on a fast day, and some days I'm just HUNGRY and don't feel like doing it. Do you have anything you tell yourself/ do anything that helps?

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself it is ok to be hungry, I won't die, I get to eat what I want in a few days (I fast b2b) and then get occupy myself with other things. To focus on the hunger is a killer for me. I have found it got easier to fast with time. I always make sure I eat my full TDEE and FD calories so not to short change myself. And, finally, if I am really having a hard time I pick something I love to distract me like a book or movie. Two that helpful are water and exercise, which gets the endorphines (the feel good chemicals in our bodies) flowing. Hang in there. It will be worth it.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Drinking water and distraction. The more I think about it the worse it gets. Kinda like a dripping tap
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Remembering that I can get back to normal tomorrow
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I fast at work so I always have distraction. Monday and Thursday. I drink a lot of water and tea and tell myself that I can anything I want tomorrow. I made it 23 hours yesterday before eating.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sugar free mints, SF hard candy, diet soda (I know, I know)...lots of distractions!!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Chicken soup with lots of veg and herbs. That and mindset - be determined! :) You get much less in the way of calories but a lot more in nutrition. Here's one of the recipes I use and it really is "magic"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDymuFbGMeM
  • MzShelleRenea
    MzShelleRenea Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What's the recipe for the soup?
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Click the picture, it's a youtube recipe
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Orbitz gum (especially peppermint). Water. Coffee.