net carbs

Options
Hi!!
Im starting atkins low carb eating plan and am going to do 20 net carbs daily and about 1200 calories daily.
How do I set my net carb percentage to 20 a day?
Any assistance you can provide us appreciated!
Thanks
Linda

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    You can only do it on a computer, it doesn't work on the mobile app. Use this script in firefox or chrome, and follow the instructions to set up the right columns to let you see the net carbs:
    https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

Also, this is assuming you're in the US. If you live somewhere else, net carbs are already calculated into your food labels, and just called carbohydrates. If you can't use a computer, or only want to use the app, you'll have to just mentally subtract your fiber from total carbs every day as you go.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    One other point: are you looking for 20 grams net carbs or 20% net carbs?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Linda welcome.

I have learned there are more hidden carbs out there than I every realized all of these years so I just go with total carb count hoping the fiber carbs at least equal the number of hidden carbs that I consume. :)

Best of luck. I have tried and actually lost weight only to regain it all and more. Having been totally Low Carb High Fat since Oct 2014 is the first time I have been able to stay full plus have lost 20 more pounds. Earlier in 2014 I lost 20 pounds by going hungry most all of the time.

Actually I cut out the carbs to manage my pain level and it dropped from 7-8 to 2-3 on a 1-10 scale by Nov 2014 and then my body fat levels started to decline at the rate of about a pound a week.

There was a learning curve in my case but now carbs do not control my mind and body any longer.