Friday Check In

Options
betsysjl
betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
How is everyone doing this week? Any issues? What are your weekend plans?

It was a tough week for me, I ended up with a bad migraine on Tuesday, so I didn't stay on my LCD. I did okay the rest of the week, but I am really struggling trying to get to the gym. I have started doing youtube fitness videos, but I'm not working up the sweat I need to.

My oldest daughter is home from college for the week, and my younger daughter is in her high school musical this weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!

Replies

• natalie8313
    natalie8313 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Had a solid week. Got back in the gym after being sick last week and earned my rest day today! Weigh in tomorrow hopefully reflects my goal for February. I thought I had reached it before but it was more water weight than anything lost from being sick. So I stepped it up this week.

No plans for the weekend, think we have snow coming in. So it'll probably be a lazy weekend around the home front. Picking up supplies to make a couple of soups to have pre-made for lunch next week. Need to get more fruits and veggies in my diet though that's for sure.

Hope everyone has a rockin weekend! And good luck staying on point! YOU CAN DO IT!

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have done well staying within calories, drinking water, and getting enough sleep, but I could care less about exercising. It was a mildly stressful back to work week after being off last week. Emotionally, I wanted to not think about anything once I got home and veg in front of the TV. So a small NSV-not once did I do my old mindless eating in front of the TV. Tomorrow I plan to go get on the treadmill in the morning. Sunday my family might go skiing for half the day. I am hoping next week will be a week more devoted to exercise. It really helps me!

@betsysjl - I don't miss migraines. I used to get them 2 days before TOM started every month but the last few years they have seemed to stop. What a waste of a day when they hit!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    @betsysjl - hoping you feel better over this weekend. It's always helpful to motivate each other going into Saturday/Sunday. Definitely a tough time.

@natalie8313 - I made a chicken and mushroom soup for dinner tonight that was really low in calorie and very filling. I love trying new recipes. Also tried the much talked about Buffalo Cauliflower. It was pretty good.

@mainebeachbum - way to go on not munching in front of the TV. I'm with you on getting more exercise next week. I seem to put up a mental block and tell myself I can only do 30 minutes on the treadmill. I know I'm capable of more.

I spent all day at work Thursday prepping for a colonoscopy/endoscopy and all day Friday at the hospital for the procedures. Not a fun way to spend a day off that's for sure. The strangest thing is that I woke up today with a black eye from the procedures! My goal was to eat a little cleaner after. Today was pretty successful. I only took a 30 minute walk outside with DH because of the temperatures, but it was nice to get out there.

Field Hockey tomorrow morning with a car load of 15 year old girls. I'm sure they'll want Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. My plan is to make a protein shake for the road and hopefully eat a light lunch.

Good luck over the rest of our weekend girls! We got this!!
  • socialone74
    socialone74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @RENAEJAE‌ -- what are the recipes for the soup and cauliflower -- both sound amazing! Sorry about the invasive test!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Both recipes were a hit in my house. Here they are. I have them in my database but I'm not sure if I can share them. The cauliflower recipe is on allrecipes.com which is my go to website.

Chicken & Mushroom Soup
    • 1.50 cup(s), Onion Raw Chopped 1/2 Cup
    • 3.00 clove(s), Garlic - Raw
    • 1.00 lb(s), Mushrooms – Raw
    • Sautee these ingredients, then add
    • 0.50 tsp(s), Spices - Tarragon, dried
    • 1.00 leaf, Bay Leaf
    • 0.25 tsp(s), Spices - Thyme, dried
    • 0.50 cup(s), Wine - Table, white
    • 2 cooked boneless Chicken Breast
    • 2 – 14 oz cans Swanson - Chicken Broth - 99% Fat Free
    • Simmer for 30 mins. Remove bay leaf, then add the sour cream before serving
    • ¼ cup (30g), Sour Cream, Light
    Recipe called for Shitake mushrooms but my market didn’t have any so I didn’t use them.

Buffalo Cauliflower
    • 1.00 spray, Olive Oil Cooking Spray
    • 0.75 cup(s), Gf Flour (Net Carbs)
    • 1.00 cup(s), Water
    • 0.50 tsp(s), Spices - Garlic powder
    • 1.00 dash, Spices - Salt, table
    • 2.00 head, large (6-7" dia), Cauliflower – Raw
    • Mix the first 3 ingredients and then coat your chopped Cauliflower pieces in in.
    • Put onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 mins on 400 degrees.

• 2.00 tbsp(s), Butter - Salted
    • 0.50 cup(s), Spices - Pepper, black
    • 1.00 tsp(s), Honey
    • Mix these 3 ingredients and brush onto cauliflower. Bake for another 10 minutes.

I only used 1 head of Cauliflower and divided the recipe in 2.