"Build Your Own HIIT Routine"

Options
MelWick524
MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
OK, I'm a pretty seasoned gym-goer and I have my home strength workouts down pat...but I realized something yesterday when my routine got out of whack because of a cancelled spin class; I haven't strength-trained on my own without a trainer or group with me at the gym in FOREVER. I froze up and reverted back to "omg this is my 1st time in a gym" phase and ended up doing the rowing machine for 10 minutes and a few dumbbell exercises and some abs on a mat & called it a night. BOOOO!!! So, then I obsessively Pinterested last night until I found this "Build Your Own HIIT Routine" link and I think it would help a lot of people if they don't know where to start or what to do! I'm even making a photo collage of different variations of the exercises (like, to remind myself that I could do Shoulder Presses many different ways, for example: with dumbbells, a barbell, standing, sitting, on a machine, or on a stability ball)...So the next time I walk into the gym, I'm not a deer in headlights again! Here's the link:

http://divasrunforbling.com/build-your-own-hiit-routine/

Replies

• MelWick524
    Options
    Or not. Lol. I thought I had some sweet epiphanyyy
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    It's good to have a plan, that is for sure. Some might actually find the link useful, even if no one responded.

I found programs to follow before going to the gym, first stronglifts and now new rules of lifting for women. That helped me avoid the deer in headlights issue. Though I still look at the ez curl bar and tilt my head cause I'm not sure how to hold it. lol

I don't do hiit at this time but thanks, I'll keep the build your own thing in mind in case I venture to doing that.
  • vonns36
    vonns36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
  • MelWick524
    Options
    You're welcome! I created my first one the day I posted it and I only managed to get in 2 rounds before my 3 year-old decided to jump on me and climb on me and pull on my pants until I gave up and just decided to do jumping jacks and planks with him LOL ... but I was DRIPPING with sweat and felt really awesome after the 2 rounds. I guess I'll do all 3 rounds when I have the time all to myself, and one or two rounds if I'm just desperate to fit in a workout SOMEWHERE before the family swarms me. hahaha.
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the link! I am wanting to incorporate strength training twice a week and this is perfect.
  • Hvisser
    Hvisser Posts: 2
    Options
    I know the feeling. I do much better with a plan before I enter the gym. Otherwise, I am on the treadmill for 30 then do some abs and stretching and I leave. Thanks for the link!!
  • smac0811
    smac0811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for the link!!
  • beachbriel
    beachbriel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about changing up my HIIT routine. Perfect timing on the link. Thanks for sharing.
  • drdst91
    drdst91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I was looking for Hiit to add to my Focus T25 workout.
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What is HIIT
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    HIIT is high intensity interval training.
    Thanks for the link - very useful for those days where you just don't know where to start.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried Nike Training Club application? It is a killer on HIIT. Different levels provided, and definitely make you perspire a lot, although they look simple. Check it out.
  • sexyherwiggs
    sexyherwiggs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You should also check out zuska light on youtube...she has challenging HIIT workouts
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    You're welcome! I created my first one the day I posted it and I only managed to get in 2 rounds before my 3 year-old decided to jump on me and climb on me and pull on my pants until I gave up and just decided to do jumping jacks and planks with him LOL ... but I was DRIPPING with sweat and felt really awesome after the 2 rounds. I guess I'll do all 3 rounds when I have the time all to myself, and one or two rounds if I'm just desperate to fit in a workout SOMEWHERE before the family swarms me. hahaha.

This is it for me about at home exercises. :D