Weekly Post - 01/03 - 07/03/15

Options
1235»

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Karen - I agree with lulu and nana. Also good things come to those who wait. ...which way of eating do you find more sustainable? ;)

Nana - well done on the shred! I hope you like it. Well you won't after 2 days....but that gets better B)
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options

*VENT*
    Sometimes I really dislike this forum. People can be extremely rude and defensive.
    I feel like if I speak in the forum (not the groups, the people in them seem to be so lovely) I will get beaten up.
    Does anyone else feel like this?

I stay away from the MFP forums now and just read & post on my own Groups. People are very judgemental but the thing that bores me the most is the "Would you [xxxx] the person above"-type threads on Chit Chat. Jaysus there seems to be hundreds on the same theme, give it a rest people!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    @Flumi. Sorry to hear you're in a rut. I know how hard it can be, especially when old ghosts come to revisit. Luckily we have exercise to help us digest what's going on. Maybe the fear with the horse is a trigger point for you, feeling fear and helplessness is a very powerful memory that can bury itself deep into our bodies. So they resurface when experiencing something that mimicks the old memory. Take good care of yourself when vulnerable.

@karen. I can hear your frustration and I understand you. Coming from dysfunctional families, I really do. Like said above, you can't change them. But you can be your own best friend and support. Talk to yourself like you wish someone would talk to you.

Well done everyone else for fasts, half-fasts and even TDEE days accomplished :)

Maintaining is better than gaining, and it's anyway a dry run for the real deal after reaching goal weight.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    @Flumi. Sorry to hear you're in a rut. I know how hard it can be, especially when old ghosts come to revisit. Luckily we have exercise to help us digest what's going on. Maybe the fear with the horse is a trigger point for you, feeling fear and helplessness is a very powerful memory that can bury itself deep into our bodies. So they resurface when experiencing something that mimicks the old memory. Take good care of yourself when vulnerable.

You hit the nail on the head, Foami!! I am very aware of it and still it is sometimes hard to accept. It's like, WHAT AGAIN!! I've already let go of those ghosts....or so I thought. (I've been working on them for the last 12yrs...) What isn't clear to me at the moment, is which ghost is knocking at my door. But I'm sure, I will figure it out soon.

I know, things happen for a reason. The horse I ride has had his own traumatic experiences. I guess, part of the reason, we 'found' each other, is to get a chance to digest what has happened in the past and grow.

Writing it down, helped me see and accept the fear and the helplessness a bit better. And we had a very nice ride this morning :) The seminar next weekend will help me solve my own ghosts and hopefully let me understand his a bit better.

Thanks for putting into words for me!