Ugh! Discouraged!

Hildabean
Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
I had my WLS (RNY) on February 2nd. I did my weekly home weigh in and I didn't lose this past week....I GAINED a half of a pound!!! Is this normal??? It discourages me!!! :(:(:( Is normal????

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    I know I was stalled for about a week and a half that started when I was about 3 weeks out, just stick with your guidelines and the scale will start moving again, I know it's frustrating! I tried pushing extra water and bumped up my protein from about 65g per day to about 75g and it also seemed to help, good luck :)
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Been there, done that. And right about the same point you are at too. Everyone told me it was normal, don't get discouraged, the weight will come off. They were right, but I still got a bit discouraged. All I can say is-- it is normal, the weight will continue to come off, just follow the plan. This isn't an overnight fix and your body has to continually make adjustments along the way.
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Totally 100% normal. It isn't called the "infamous week 3 stall" for nothing. Yes, it's frustrating, but stalls (even super early week 2-3 ones) are completely, totally normal. Keep calm and keep on keepin' on. ;)
  • Hildabean
    Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
    Thanks everyone. I took pictures of myself before liquid diet, then before surgery, and then 1 month from surgery. I have lost already several inches and you can see it definitely in my face. So that helped with the feeling of discouragement. If you want to see the difference I posted them in another posting on here. Thanks for the continued encouragement.
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    You look great Hildabean!! I too have been having some challenging weeks. I did manage a 1.4 pound loss this week, after 2 weeks of no loss. It's beyond frustrating. Hang in there and just keep going, it's all we can do! LOL
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    You have got to trust the process! I am almost 8 months out and the stalls are just a part of it. I am a daily weigher and it drives me crazy somedays (weeks even) but then I will drop 1 pound each day for two days or so. I always say its weird how I lose weight now lol
    I say it drives me crazy but I only let it to a point, I have learned I just have to trust the process, do as I am told, EXERCISE, eat right and then miraculously a day like today comes and I am at the lowest weight I have been in, in well over a decade! I mostly use my scale to gage how I did the day before, if I drank enough water the scale will usually be kinder, if I ate something high in sodium it usually will not be so forgiving. Water weight is a real thing and the real reason we "gain" weight overnight.
    TRUST IN THE PROCESS :-) ;)