Help with app and lawl

Options
Zazzyroxy
Zazzyroxy Posts: 8 Member
Hello

New to fitness pal but do lawl. Can anyone tell me how do I use myfitnesspal along with lawl. How do I customize this program on myfitnesspal pal

Thank so much

Zazzyroxy

Replies

• DDCNY
    DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxy,

There isn't much activity in this group.

When I first started with MFP I adjusted my percentages to be 50% protein and 25% carbs and 25% fat. You can do this by going to "My Home" then "Goals" then "change goals" then "custom. Then alter the percentages there.

You will still have to keep track of your portions. What I did was use the "Food notes" field and enter in all my portions for the day. I was on Red so I put in the following:
    PP 1/2P (protein)
    D (dairy)
    VVVV (veggie)
    FFF (fruit)
    Fa (fat)
    SSS (starch)
    LaLa (bars)

Then I would delete each letter/entry as I ate that portion. I also used Luna bars and Special K shakes as my LA Lites.

I buy things like Tumaro's 60 cal wraps and Flatout wraps for my starches. If I have a Flatout for 100 calories that will be my only starch for two meals.

Best wishes! Feel free to ask questions here or message me. I was on LAWL for a long time many years ago and learned a lot.
  • Zazzyroxy
    Zazzyroxy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks, that is good info. Is there a way to add the LAWL portions to the food notes and have it carry over everyday rather than retyping each day. I like simple. Also, I read somewhere that you can add a colum to MFP???? Do you know anything about that?

Zazzy
  • DDCNY
    DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can change what macros you are showing on your food diary page. The default is Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sodium, Sugar, and Fiber. But you can rearrange the columns if you would to see sugar, calcium etc.

No way to carryover the food notes but (and I wish this occurred to me when I was strictly following LAWL) you could type all that in and then copy it and paste it in all the food diary pages for each day for a whole week and then when you get to the last day of the week you could copy that one and paste it through the next week.

There might be a paid app that can be altered to log what you're trying to track.