New to group

Options
Hi All,

Mom of 2 from Canada. I need to drop about 35lbs and keep it off.

I have had a terrible relationship with food my entire life. When I was younger I under-ate and overexercised, but then I turned the other direction.

I need to make some serious changes in my life. I have for a long time, and the first step to confidence is kicking this weird relationship of mine with food in the *kitten* for last time.

Food is my drug. I have anxiety, and I did struggle with depression on and off for years.

I have started listening to Over Eaters Anonymous pod-casts. I am unable to attend local meetings at this point, but it seems like it would be very helpful to me.

I have a great sense of humour and I do not nag LOL.... Add me if you like :)

Erin

Replies

• Twinkleglitz
    Twinkleglitz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, my story is a little similar to yours. I was a bullemic teenager with lots of emotional problems. I am now a happily married mum of one great boy. I have been exercising a d eating fairly healthily for the last 20 years, in the last year I have gained 14 pounds, with no real reason. Doctor says it is my age!!! Grrrr, was so cross as 45 years young!! Diagnosed last year with general anxiety disorder and taking meds, feel better but want to shift the weight! Also quit smoking 19 months ago so too. Wish I could be one of those lucky people who can fast, etc but love good food and hate to feel hungry! Love exercising but have a poorly back so need to be careful how crazy I go!

Anyway, enough from me, I do chatter on!

Lots of luck to you, be strong!

TG x

• snorklr
    snorklr Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Erin,
    I'm new here too, and your story sounds just about like mine. Am happy to offer support however I can - all the studies show we'll do better if we're in this together!