Making this first week in March count!

Options
purebredpolly
purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
I've had a bit of a wakeup call. Friday a friend of mine from church, was rushed to the hospital. Today I find out that tomorrow she will be getting bypass surgery. She is my age. :( Earlier that week I was having pains around my heart. I've been sick, so I thought it might be my lungs........ but how do I know? I don't, so I will be making an appointment for a physical this month.

So today I ordered Chinese. Nothing really greasy, but still caloric, and salty. *rolling eyes* at myself.

I decided to make this week count for heart health. I will not just count calories, but focus on reducing fat and salt.

If you'd like to join me as I try this, and try to finally break through to under 200 pounds, I'd be happy if you'd post your thoughts, your days ups and downs. I certainly would enjoy the company.

Replies

• 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @purebredpolly‌ : I haven't been checking this board as it has kind of fizzled out. It's hard to find the board as the Search function doesn't work! MFP has made navigation of their site a real hassle. Where they should be getting better, they are getting WORSE!

How are you doing on your fat and salt reduction?
  • eunicezieske
    eunicezieske Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better!!
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Thank you Eunice. I'm feeling so much better! :D
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    2run, I've really struggled with the fat and salt. Salt, and fat taste so good. I just do not know how to cook to make things taste good without them. I realized I need a new approach. I've just ordered several light cookbooks. I'm hoping they will help me get healthy ideas going.