Don't forget to check-in this Friday!!

Two more days til your Friday weigh-in!!! Hope everyone is staying on track and hopefully you’re getting through the mini-challenge with no problems at all (I’m terrible at jumping jacks, but good with everything else). Remember the challenge is the following:

- Do 25 Jumping Jacks each day
- Burn 200 calories 3 times per week
- Drink 8 (8oz) of glasses of water each day

We had 358 out of 506 people participate for Week 1 (or Week 0 dependent on how you looked at it), so I anticipate that we will definitely get more participation since it will be a little over a week for some of us and I’m sure you’re going to be jazzed about showing your progress!!!

Let’s add on to that 334 lbs. that we have lost collectively as group!!!

Replies

• AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Love challenges b/c they keep me focused! Started out our first full week camping for 2 nights. Lots of walking, canoeing, kayaking, splashing around the water park with the kiddos. It cracked me up, most of the people rent golf carts & zoom around the campground on them - all I could think was what a waste of calories to burn!

Monday I did (2) 30 minute power walks, got 1 in yesterday. Today I am home recouping from a bit of a stomach bug, so I've been staying active with lots of laundry & cleaning (as my stomach will allow)

Really need to get back to more intense exercise. My favorite workouts are:
    1) Couch to 5 K app.
    2) Jillian michaels 30 day shred
    3) Jillian michaels extreme shed & shred
    4) walking, hiking, canoeing, swimming & kayaking

What is everyone else doing for exercise?
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    I've been mixing up my workouts. Lately I've been doing one or two of the following about 6x a week:

Walking outside or on treadmill (I do much better outside)
    Hiking
    Zumba Classes
    Elliptical
    Roller Blading
    Strength training at the gym
    30 DS
  • Grrr. I've been stuck traveling for business, it's so hard to stay motivated. I'm not looking forward to my weigh-in. But I'm definitely going to make up for it next week!
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Remembering that I am weighing in on Friday is definitely motivating me! I started strength training at home (just dumbbells and a door gym) and I have started walking on my breaks at work. Mostly I use a stationary bike as I can't handle impact on my knees and hip. The college pool is an option I pay for from every paycheck but they are notorious for changing schedules without telling anyone. Last time, they closed the lap swim for a kids swim class (which is being held all month during my best time to go). Oh well.
  • Grrr. I've been stuck traveling for business, it's so hard to stay motivated. I'm not looking forward to my weigh-in. But I'm definitely going to make up for it next week!

Check out the Nike Training App. I have it on my phone for when I am at the hotel.
  • Kate029
    Kate029 Posts: 32 Member
    Exercise and mini challenges have been going well this week, started 30 Day Shred which certainly helps, but still freaking out a little bit about weighing in tomorrow. We had a long weekend here last weekend and though I exercised I did have a big night out on Sunday (which has been the first time I have been out in ages) and my weight is paying for it this week, though I blame part of that on water retention. Going to be extra good this weekend and make sure I have a good drop next week want to keep up with all you awesome people losing weight!

Also if anyone wants to add me feel free, I could do with some extra support as I try and navigate my weight loss journey!
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    I injured myself a week ago so I have been sticking to walking until I'm all better. Minimum of 2 miles per weekday (Monday I walked 8.6miles)
  • Katy8967
    Katy8967 Posts: 41 Member
    I usually weigh myself on a Monday, and out of habit did this monday gone - was really disappointed that I hadnt lost BUT then remembered that I was changing my weigh day to Friday for this group so had a few more days to work at it :) Im currently doing Ripped in 30 and walk as much as I can and this week Iv slowly started introducing strength training at home. Wish I could get to the gym cos I know Id be able to work so much harder but alas babies and lack of funds stop me so I do the best I can at home. Doing really well with the water and jumping jacks and thankfully tend to burn on average 300 cals a day anyway so thats easy enough xx
  • I injured myself a week ago so I have been sticking to walking until I'm all better. Minimum of 2 miles per weekday (Monday I walked 8.6miles)

6.8 miles!! Whoa!! Great job!
  • I usually weigh myself on a Monday, and out of habit did this monday gone - was really disappointed that I hadnt lost BUT then remembered that I was changing my weigh day to Friday for this group so had a few more days to work at it :) Im currently doing Ripped in 30 and walk as much as I can and this week Iv slowly started introducing strength training at home. Wish I could get to the gym cos I know Id be able to work so much harder but alas babies and lack of funds stop me so I do the best I can at home. Doing really well with the water and jumping jacks and thankfully tend to burn on average 300 cals a day anyway so thats easy enough xx

Keep up the work!!
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    I am having a difficult week :( Not getting my water in and going way over my calories! I did do the jumping jacks Monday and Tuesday and have been burning 200+ calories everyday with walking. I will walk and mow tonight so that will help also. But, I fear there is a pretty big gain in my future :(
  • jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    I am nervous about tomorrow weigh-in. I upped my calories this week and I changed my workout routine.

M-W-F I do couch to 5k and I try to do something else physical (lawn, laundry, workout DVD)
    The rest of the week I go to the gym. I met with a trainer a week ago and he put me on a nice schedule, hopefully I'll see results from that.

Keep up the good work everybody!!
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    I was late to start this so my starting weight was on Wednesday 5/29 -- I weighed myself today not thinking Friday is weigh in days so I will do it again tomorrow. I am excited for this challenge. I have 25lbs left of baby weight - plue extra because I was overweight before I got prego --- this helps keep me motivated and accountable, so thank you for that!

For exercise I have been working on the Bikini Body Mommy challenge (90 days worth of exercises that I found on facebook). They are good for me because I am limited with time. and I get a good 300-400 calorie burn. I also incorporate cardio for 45-60 minutes 3-4 days a week. Nothing intense, I could just take my son out in the stroller for a walk. I use my HRM, which I LOVE.

I have been forgetful about the jumping jacks - they are easy enough, but I need to set a reminder on my phone!!! Good Luck to everyone!
  • You ALL sound like you're doing a great job! Just being aware of where you are and how you are doing is half the battle! Kudos to all of you!!!
  • Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow, I agree that knowing I'll be accountable has been motivation.
  • losing4goodnow
    losing4goodnow Posts: 18 Member
    So this weigh in this morning was not pretty at all & I knew it wouldn't be. I've been struggling for weeks to get back on track with my workouts and eating anyways but Tuesday of this week I came down with some little bug that I'm still not completely over. I haven't tracked my food in days, I've eaten absolutely horrible and whadda ya know, the scale is up 5.6 lbs! ugh! ugh! ugh! That's the most I've seen it go up since I started this journey in Jan. I think before I had gained 1 lb one week but other than that I've either lost or stayed steady this whole time. As soon as I'm feeling back to normal, which should be soon, I'm going to get back on the exercise horse. In the meantime, I need to really pay attention to what I'm putting in my mouth and make sure I'm getting all my water in every day. It's easy on the days I work to get it in but when I'm at home, I have the worst time making myself drink all of my water.
  • Bibliothekar
    Bibliothekar Posts: 19 Member
    I love seeing how everyone is doing, it is very motivating so thanks to our Mods for doing all this work for us!

I managed to lose a little this week but nervous about the weekend. Lots of family and friends coming over which usually means lots of food and no time for a workout. Hopefully I'll be able to make up for it for the remainder of next week.
  • adchill
    adchill Posts: 51 Member
    Well it is done and I have gained. I am trying not to be discouraged but I will keep it moving. I know my problem is my sweet tooth. I am getting better of planning. Next week I will lose!
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    @adchill -- sweets are my problem also. I had no sense of portion control when it came to cookies/chocolate/cake etc. BUT... I have learned if you allow yourself a little sweet something each day, it won't kill you. I have something sweet each day. Today I will have M&Ms - half the bag at one point, the other half at another point. It satisfies my craving and I am learning to enjoy it as I eat instead of just inhaling them. Also this week I enjoyed hershey minature candies - at most I would have 2 and that was good for me.

I am not the one to say no to "bad foods", I am working on a lifestyle change - and omitting chocolate/candies/cookies etc is not realistic to me. It has taken me a few months to get control of the portions, but it is working.

I am due for a challenge this week. My mother is coming in town and she can eat all the candy/chocolate she wants and not gain a pound. It will be hard to risk the temptation, but I know if I can focus on the fact that I am allowed something each day, I won't feel deprived.

Good Luck!
  • heathmarie143
    heathmarie143 Posts: 38 Member
    Just logged my weight for the week.... loving this group! I didn't participate in the mini challenges this week because I signed up so late, but I'm looking forward to doing next weeks challenges!

You got this guys! Just keep pushing and you will succeed :)