phoebelayla Posts: 1,176 Member
Red Team
SweeteeBri- Team Leader
julia_v1
JuliaMLN
MMcQueen
ONoiam50
Trimminit

Please complete the following so that your team can get to know each other :-)
Name-
Short and long term goals.-
What do you struggle with?-
Anything else we should know to help you? -

Good Luck Red Team!!

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Go Red Team!
    My name is Marcella (But I also answer to Julia)
    FYI- I decided to use the member name of JuliaMLN for MFP even though I usually use my middle name (Marcella). Because Julia is my first name, it was easier to use for business in the past (before motherhood). I thought that maybe as a mental thing, seeing the name I used in business when I could still leap small buildings in a single bound and accomplish just about anything, might be helpful to keep me on track losing weight now. All that to say, I happily answer to either name.

Short Term Goals:
    - I really want to see the 160s. So my short term goal is to reach 169.9
    - To do some type of cardio activity at least twice a week
    Long Term Goals:
    - My final goal weight is 129 - 132.
    - To lead an all around more active lifestyle. More gardening, hiking, camping
    - To write a book
    What I struggle with:
    - Making time for Exercise
    What I'm doing well:
    - I eat very little processed food. It's truly a lifestyle now.
    - Dealing with stress and life better.
    Other things you should know:
    - I'm a bit ADD. So focus is an issue. I seriously have to keep the fridge and the pantry
    organized in order to focus on what I have available to eat/cook.

I'm looking forward to the next 3 months of this challenge and the successes that lay ahead for all of us. GO TEAM!
  • phoebelayla
    Options
    Good morning!
    Curvygrl will be joining the Red team!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Amy!
    Marcella, I like the idea about your name. It's funny how we can motivate ourselves.
    Welcome, curvygrl!!

Name: Kris

Short and long term goals::

Goals for this challenge:
    Sweat away 33 pounds and increase my monthly mileage. Also fine-tune my clean eating. I won't be tracking my calories or macros, just being mindful of what I'm eating and making healthy choices.

Long-term goals:
    Medication-free and final goal weight of around 134. Keep being active.

What do you struggle with?
    My biggest struggle right now is allergens. Sounds silly, and I've never had these sensitivities before. Where we live, however, has pollen that can (and probably does) make grown men cry. I can't take most of the medicines that combat the symptoms, so pretty much every day is debilitating. It can make it hard to exercise and cook healthy dinners. (I love doing both.) In the past, this had led to a lot of restaurant food. I don't have to tell you what that means!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello team!!

Welcome everyone to the Red Team. I'm your team leader. To follow suit...my username is part of my first name....which is Bridget. I answer to either but I prefer Bridget because it makes me feel less like a stranger;)

Short term goals:

-get into a healthy eating lifestyle (looking for help with this one!!)
    -cruise into "Onederland" and maintain it by the end of this challenge
    -support and encourage my teammates

Long term goals:
    -reach my goal weight of 145 lbs. (currently 204)
    -go from 44% to 25% body fat
    -get certified to help others with their weight loss journey
    -support and encourage my teammates

Struggles:
    -unhealthy eating
    -getting adequate rest since I work 6 days/week on the night shift.

Extra Info:
    -I LOVE junk food (cookies, cake, etc)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Keep in mind Ladies, weigh in is on Sundays each week.

Marcella, thanks for sharing. By adding cardio 2x/week, you will definitely reach the 160's for sure. If you don't mind me asking, why is it hard for you to find time to exercise? What kind of book would you like to write? I think it's great that you don't eat much processed food. So many struggle with that....including me :)

Kris, I just had a food safety seminar at my job today where they talked a lot about allergens. Are you allergic to specific foods? Do you find it difficult when eating out? Or do you prepare most of your meals yourself? How has that affected your weight loss?

• trimminit
    Options
    Bridget,
    That sounds interesting. I'm slightly allergic to soy and pecans. Unfortunately, soy is in almost everything! If I make healthy choices, I usually do okay eating out...other than the calories and salt.
    The real issue for me is the pollen in the air here. It is B.A.D. Basically for everyone in the area. I've never, ever had allergies before, but this stuff is no joke.
    That's where the problems come in. I'm in so much pain and have nausea, especially in the late afternoon and evening, that cooking dinner can be a struggle.
    I love to cook! But so many times we have ended up getting take out because I'm hurting/sick.
    Anyway, what I'm trying to do now is make meals earlier in the day when the pollen isn't so bad. We can freeze them or have them for dinner that night. The meals won't be as fresh, but it's better than spending the money and calories on restaurant chow.
    We are in the middle of moving, and the pollen effects seem to be starting in the morning lately rather than afternoon, but I'm just trying to keep my head down and power through!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Will get back tomorrow with my starting weight and info.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    Will get back tomorrow with my starting weight and info.

That would be great hun. Glad you joined us!!

• SweeteeBri
    Options
    Alright Ladies,

We will be doing weekly challenges to help us stay on track to reach our goals. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to msg me or post them here. Also, if we are not yet friends and you would like to be, don't hesitate to send me a request.

I will post our challenges every Sunday to start on Monday. Until then, let's stay active.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My name is Lori
    SW 209 :o my highest ever!

Short term goals...
    Enter and remain in 'Onederland'
    Eat a lot healthier(cut way back on the fast food)
    Get in exercise more regularly ( I tend to start OK then after a few days sorta fizzle out
    Make water my drink of choice more often than not.

Long term goals...
    To have my short term goals be a part of my everyday life
    I'd like to get back to 160, where I was back in '98 with weight watchers and then go on to my ultimate goal which would be in the 130-140 range.

My biggest struggles are...
    FAST FOOD I eat it most days for lunch and at least a couple of times a week for supper.
    As I try to get away from it I need to at least make better food choices when I do eat out.

WATER I've literally gone years without ever drinking a glass of water, though that's been a lot of years ago now, I still struggle to make myself drink water.

EXERCISE I'm not good at keeping with a exercise plan. I have some equipment at home that doesn't see much use...

ENERGY I don't have a lot of energy and if I could get myself on track on the above 3, I'm sure my energy would greatly improve. ( I also think nice weather would help too)

I'll probably be weighing in on Saturdays since Sunday mornings are hectic for me and a lot of times I'm not even home.

• phoebelayla
    Options
    Announcement: Please remember to add in your first week weigh-in by Sunday at midnight.

Good Luck!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Welcome to the group Lori. We are here for you every step of the way. My highest weight was 232 so I understand your frustration. Small changes mean so much even when it feels like it's not working....trust me....it's working. You are correct, as you lose weight, your energy level will definitely improve.

We have weighin tomorrow(good or bad). How did we do this week ladies??? Is anyone nervous about it? Assess yourself and see what you did well and what you need to improve upon for this coming week. I will be posting next week's challenges by tomorrow evening. Keep in mind, they are not mandatory but there to help us achieve our goals so we can rock our weighins!! Let's lead this challenge. Ready???
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Hi Lori, When I first started trying to lose weight again, I had no energy to do anything. I decided to take a week to just focus on eating healthier foods with less processed foods/snacks. I didn't count calories during that week; I just focused on feeding my body with good nutrition and also on getting better sleep. That really helped me to kickstart the process. Of course, while doing that, I started losing some water weight. I ended up feeling better and losing a few pounds at the same time. It sounds like you have done a great job of laying out the areas that you want to address. It's "one step at the time" and this is your time to take those steps. So glad you are joining us on this journey.
  • julia_v1
    julia_v1 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello team mates! Sorry not had much time to be active in here, got a lot going on but I've added my weight loss in lieu of tomorrow's weigh-in to the spreadsheet. I will try and be more active in the coming weeks work dependant. You're all doing great. Back soon when I have access to my computer. Have a great weekend.
  • trimminit
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi, Team!
    Hope you all are well!
    Doing okay here. We are getting ready to move next week, and for some reason I am all emotional. (Not like me, and I don't like it!) It's in the same town and we will have more living space, so hopefully it will be a good thing. It's a blessing because we have needed more room for a long time!

I doubt I will have a weight loss to record this week, I sheepishly admit.
    I'd like to contribute it to the allergies/pain and my emotions, but I don't think that's it. I seem to be struggling daily with what I am eating, and it's getting me quite discouraged. I'm in that place right now where I feel like I will never get to my goal weight or even close. (I am sorry to post this, especially in the first week of the new challenge. I don't want to bring anyone down.) Usually I stay hopeful and motivated, but this week has been :\ .

I'm doing a 30-day study called Taste for Truth, so I will hang in there and keep doing that. And each day I will try again. But I hope I get encouraged and motivated soon. It seems like anything that may have worked for me in the past works no longer and I feel like I have tried everything. My belief is that almost any plan or program will succeed, if one does the work. That's where I am having issues. I guess what I need to see is some real progress.
    Prayers and advice appreciated. :D

In the new house I will thankfully (!) have a room solely dedicated to my exercise equipment. Yay! I am really looking forward to having the space to go work out, and I hope I see some progress. I don't want to wait until all of that is ready, though, so I'm going to keep trying!

Have a good weekend!! Getting ready for week two!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Julia, thank for weighing in.

Kris, glad you're doing ok. Moving is tough but keep your head up. It will be over soon and you will be able to enjoy your new space ;) Even if you don't have a loss this week, there is always next week to make up for it. Try to see yourself the way to want to be instead of the way you are right now. It won't always be that way. I'm praying for you.

Father, in Jesus name, I pray for Kris that you will strengthen her and encourage her as she faces this very difficult time in her life. You are our strength when we're weak and You encourage us when we get discouraged. So Father I lift Kris up to You right now and ask that you would wrap Your loving arms around her and remind her that VICTORY belongs to her. In Jesus name I pray...Amen!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Week 2 Weekly Challenges...

***Keep in mind that these challenges are voluntary and not mandatory. Feel free to join us for some of them or all of them if you like.

Mon 9th:
    Fitness: 50 Squats, 40 Jumping Jacks, 30 Kickbacks, 20 Calf Raises
    Nutrition: Drink at least 64 oz of WATER

Tues 10th:
    Fitness: 20 Bicep Curls, 20 Tricep Ext, 20 Shoulder Presses
    Nutrition: Eat 3 servings of fruit and 2 servings of veges.

Wed 11th:
    Fitness: 20 Pushups (reg or modified), 30 secs of Planks (3 sets of ea)
    Nutrition: Try a protein shake today!!

Thur 12th:
    Fitness: Go for a nice walk or run and post results
    Nutrition: Try a vegetable and/or fruit you normally wouldn't eat

Fri 14th:
    Fitness: Use a treadmill or exercise machine of your choice
    Nutrition: Post a recipe of a healthy soup

Sat 15th:
    Fitness: Work out to any exercise DVD you have access to (May use Youtube)
    Nutrition: Make your favorite salad today!!...and post recipe if you like.

Sun 15th:
    Fitness: Rest!! Rest!! Rest!!
    Nutrition: NO CAFFEINE!!!

Don't forget to post daily your accomplishments.
  • trimminit
    Options
    Dear Bridget,
    Thank you for the encouragement and especially for praying for me. That is precious to me. xo I feel better already. :)
  • trimminit
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry to report a .4 gain...but thankful it wasn't more. Here's hoping for a much better number next week. I will work hard with you in mind, Team!

I love the weekly challenge!!
    Great setup. I really like that each day is something different, and that Sunday is for rest. My favorite part is that you incorporated both fitness and nutrition. The things I most wanted to groan about are Wednesday's push-ups and planks (just because, even though I love exercise, I'm a baby about getting down on the floor ;) )...but then I thought, "just try it anyway!" That's why it's called a challenge, right? :D Imagine how good we will feel if we try the things we don't want to or think we can't do, and then realize we did them!
    Excited to get started!

Thank you, Bridget and Amy for all of your work!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    I posted a .6 gain this week. Next week, look for a really good loss. A little of this, a little slacking with that... and over the course of a month, good habits slowly drifted away. This weekend, I refocused. All reorganized and ready to go. Last night, I enjoyed some of the best sleep I've had in years. I'm sure that being able to work outside in my yard yesterday helped with that. This week - back to NO processed foods. They seem to be my downfall.

Kris (or anyone not into pushups) - I have never been good with pushups. So my son showed me how I can stand at the bottom of our stairs and do pushups off one of the stair risers. That way I can do the pushup in good form and as I get stronger, use lower and lower risers.

Group Leaders and helpers - Love the colors, the teams, and the daily challenge ideas. Thank you for sharing your time and gifts with all of us as we share our journeys with each other.