weight training

Looking for ways to lose weight by weight training

Replies

• sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    I started lifting weights in Jan. Want to firm up my loose junk! Trying to eat better but I can not live off 1200 calories
  • yuyutu81
    yuyutu81 Posts: 26 Member
    Looking for ways to lose weight by weight training
    Abbygirl106,
    Start with the machine so you can work certain target area and also prevent possible injuries. Make sure you replenish protein and sugar (natural sugar) right after so you can stabilize your insulin and help with aches. Good luck. :)

• modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    I love lifting. Find a beginners program to get you started so you have regimented to follow. A good program may start you off with full body training for a few weeks then break down into body parts on different days after that. Work on form to prevent injuries and the strength will naturally come. Its a huge rush to watch your weights increase. When I started, I used the book "New Rules of Lifting for Woman" and it was perfect. I've since moved on to other programs to keep things interesting. You can effectively strength train at a gym or at home with minimal equipment.
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    I am looking at starting the heavy weight lifting programmes too!
    I have always been doing BP and other strength trainings but never have been courageous enough to step in the free weight/machine areas with full of bulky guys.

I am kinda lost and dont know where to start... I am even thinking of getting a personal trainer to take me through the whole thing...

How did you ladies start the weight training?
  • yuyutu81
    yuyutu81 Posts: 26 Member
    Amyaya,

Personal trainer would be a great start because form is the most important thing in the beginning so you don't injury yourself.
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Stepping into a gym can be intimidating. The best advice I can give when new to lifting and joining a gym is hire a PT for your first day, even if you never use them again. Just having someone introduce you to the equipment in the gym makes you feel like you belong there. It really helps break the 'newness' to it all.
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    Thank you ladies for the advise - I will be looking at getting a PT for the first few sessions!