Ready to be outside

Options
RENAEJAE
RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
Who else is ready to get outside for some exercise?

It's been such a cold winter for us that we haven't spent nearly as much time in the fresh air as we usually do in the winter. We have done some snoe shoeing and walking but with the temps in the single digits (or below zero) it's tough being out there for long.

I'm looking forward to jumping in my car at noon and going to all my secret walking spots near my office. I like to mix it up so I don't get board. I keep some sneakers and sweats in my car and change in the back seat. Put on my ear buds and cruise.

What are your favorite physical activities outside?

5078205.png

Replies

• natalie8313
    natalie8313 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hiking all the way!!
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait for this crazy weather to end. I want to be able to go hiking, not worry about going to the gym, because it is snowing, sleeting, or freezing outside (I grew up in Phoenix, and still do not like driving in the snow).

I looking forward to walking during my lunch break at work, riding my bike, and enjoying sunshine!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    It has been so cold here. The motivation to go outside is very low.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Yesterday it was nearly 40 degrees (for a few hours anyway). I went out and snow shoed for an hour during lunch. It was GLORIOUS!!! Hoping spring is just around the corner now that we're setting our clocks ahead on Sunday. Woot Woot!!

Make it a great day today!!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    Yesterday and today I got to go outside, but only to shovel the 14" of snow we had.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    @betsysjl - shoveling is great exercise!

This weekend it may get near 30 degrees. Looking forward to a snow shoe event Saturday night. Headlamp shoeing then a big bonfire. I hope the weather cooperates.

Be conscious of your food this weekend ladies!! We can do this.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I hope you are right @renaejae!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    @RENAEJAE - How was your snow shoe event Saturday night? It sounds like fun.
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    so ready for summer :))) lol had my windows down when it was in the 40's on saturday...activities- i like swimming... cool when it's hot and low impact on the joints.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had a weird dream this morning. I dreamt I woke up and went outside and the snow was all gone and tulips were up. I guess I am ready.

Snowmobiled this past weekend and skiing next weekend so I have been getting out somewhat. I am hoping it sticks around until about April 1st so we can get a few more winter weekends like this past one! Then it can all go!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I'm with you @mainebeachbum - The candlelit snow shoe event on Saturday night was awesome! There were snow fort tarns with lanterns inside and big ice candles every 200 feet along the trail. All the way to the top of Monument Hill. It's only about a mile up and a mile back, but in snow shoes at night it seemed like 3 miles straight up! Such a great workout. I'm looking forward to next year when I have less to carry up.

Happy Monday! :) Keep it skinny this week
    Drink your water!
  • abbyjane81
    abbyjane81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That snow shoe event sounds AMAZING!!
    It's supposed to be 64 degrees today! I am psyched! Too bad my backyard looks like a mud wrestling pit from all the rain and melting snow. Lol
    Here's to getting outside and opening the windows!!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Amen! I just snuck out and took a power walk. It's over 40 degrees here in Maine which is a huge difference from the 23 below we had just 2 weeks ago. Of course we still have over 5 feet of snow so it's hard to find a sidewalk but I figured it out. Just 30 minutes makes the rest of my day in the office easier to bare!

I like the window opening idea!!
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love to walk/hike the hills and parks. I'll have to get out early this next week to avoid the heat.. heading into the 90s.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    @‌rachelerik - Where are you? 90 degrees. You must be on the other side of the planet!!
    - It was literally too cold and windy to go outside and walk yesterday. I was bummed since I didn't get up at 5am and go on my treadmill. This time change last weekend started to catch up to me and I couldn't get out of bed until 6.

I made it to the treadmill this morning and plan to push myself on Saturday and Sunday to do some cardio. I really need to keep it light this weekend for it to show on the scale Monday morning.

What do you all have for goals this weekend?
  • betsysjl
    Options
    St. Patty's day parade Saturday (if it is not rained out). I hope to do a lot of walking downtown. I've taken the week off of workouts since the scale was stuck. But want to try to get back into it this week, as the scale has started moving again.