week 5 day 2 help!!!!

Options
I'm stuck. I made it through the first 8 minutes and then sort of walk ran the next 8. I'm scared , discouraged, but also pretty amazed I ran 8 minutes straight.

How do I do this. And the next run is 20min.

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    slow down
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Seriously, slow down. You should be able to hold a conversation while you are running. If you can't, you are probably trying to go too fast.

If you have made it this far, your body is ready to run for 20 minutes. You just have to convince your mind of that. Keep telling yourself you can do it. Just keep pushing

You can do this!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You've got this! I was able to do W5D2 last week, but I'm still working my way up to the 20 minute run. Today I did 15 minutes, which is something I don't think I've ever done before! Take it slow and keep trying!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You're ready. Take a deep breath and try again another day.
    Slow down....as slow as you need to go to make it through your run; just don't stop running.

You can do this!
  • melaniesilver76
    melaniesilver76 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just got through this the first of the week. I was scared too, but honestly it was no where near as bad as I was expectiing. Good luck to you too!
  • PursuitofHappiness2014
    PursuitofHappiness2014 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I did it!!!! I finished week 5 day 2 on Friday and the 20 minute milestone! I could cry. I paced myself on fought through it!

Thanks everyone!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Good job! :smile:
  • nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome. I'm ramping up for week 5 day 2 tomorrow.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Well done, Pursuit! Congratulations!