Just getting started!

Options
lpatriquin
lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
Hi there everyone. I'm not new to my fitness pal but just started the 5:2 fasting not quite a week ago. Before I started that I was trying to stay under 1700 cals. My TDEE is around 2050. I've been finding it difficult on my non fast days to get close to maintenance calories in. I've still been getting around 1700. I don't feel hungry enough to eat that much. My question is how important is it to get a required number of calories in on your non fast days? I don't want to find out that I've been too restrictive and it has hampered my efforts. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    IMHO, it is very important because you will be doing all of your calorie restriction in 2 days so you need all of the TDEE calories to not over deplete yourself. If you don't eat enough over time you may begin to feel tired and weak. My suggestion is eat close to your TDEE for a month and see how you feel and if your weight trend is down. Then after a month adjust it if you need to.
  • lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks so much. That's what my gut was telling me but wondered what others thought. Thanks again.