Any suggestions for learning running form?

Options
CA_Underdog
CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
I'm on Week 3, Day 2 and wondering if I'm running with goof form. At this point, all I focus on is keeping my back straight, and soft footfalls (as much as I can!) to lower the impact. I am considering the SafeRun run analysis program several universities have put together--perhaps soon, perhaps when I've completed the C25K program in its entirety.

Replies

• basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I went to a Good Form Running clinic put on by my local running store. It was free and I got A LOT out of it. Definitely changed my form and saved me a lot of foot and knee pain!

Mine was put on by Daves Running but if you go to the Good Form Running website, they have info there and you can also locate a clinic (hopefully) near you.

Good luck!
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! Looks like Fleet Feat is their main associate in California. I found a class 2.5 hours away this weekend or 0.5 hours away in two months. :)
  • basicjim
    Options
    The class wasn't too long, but they did a video of us running and critiqued our form. They went over body position, foot fall, cadence, type of shoes, etc.... it was worth the trip, but I only had a 1 hr drive! You can probably learn all the same stuff on the internet via websites and youtube, but it's nice having someone there for immediate feedback. If you go, let me now what you thought!
  • basicjim
    Options
    Check this one out... YouTube form Video