Emotional Eating

Options
Sajyana
Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
It's been rough. I've been hurt by people that I have considered friends for 20 years.

I had my weekend alcoholic binge and while I don't recommend it as a method of dealing with life's problems, it helped to laugh and be with good friends. Yesterday was emotionally tough as I sorted through the last of the gory details and I was hungry all day. I ate over my carb macro but it wasn't horrendous and I'm hardly hungry at all today.

It wasn't a perfect day but this was still a win for me.

Previously I would have indulged all day and it would typically consist of something like McDonalds Breakfast (complete with a sugary cappuccino), a meat pie and cake from the bakery for lunch, and fast food with lots of chips and coke for dinner.

I was able to keep those carb cravings in check and if there's a next time I now know that I can handle it.

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I would call that a win. Sorry you had a rough weekend, but be proud of the strength you have shown in not falling back to bad habits. xoxo
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the hurt you've received Sajyana, but it sounds as if you were fantastic with your food over it today. Friends that hurt you aren't friends. I hope you can move on soon.
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Today was great. Putting it all behind me and moving on.

I made pizza for dinner and ate too much. It was delicious and I thought it was ok at the time but now it's really hit my stomach. :D
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you're mending. Tomorrow (which is nearly here for you) is a shiny new day. Only 8:13pm for me ;)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you're winning the war against compulsions and emotional responses. That is the hardest for me, too!!! I'm glad you're healing. Still sending hugs.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    It sucks that you had to go through that, but what a testament to your commitment to this WOE that you dusted off and got back to it right away!
  • Sajyana
    Options
    It sucks that you had to go through that, but what a testament to your commitment to this WOE that you dusted off and got back to it right away!

The biggest NSV for me thus far has been the increase in my self worth. I've stopped taking crap from people and am standing up and calling it out when it happens. It is time to take care of ME. Not many people like it but it's really bringing home who is a real friend and who isn't. My husband has been trying to tell me this for years but I'm finally able to see it for myself.

These particular friends became righteously indignant when I pointed out how they made me feel and then tried to blame me for it. My husband basically said, "I tried to tell you." They arranged a get together for the old D&D group. They are flying into the city where we now live. I was the only girl in the group. They rang my husband and invited him but apparently it's "Boys only" so I was the only one not invited. Solely because I'm a woman.

I took to those bridges with flame throwers.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »

The biggest NSV for me thus far has been the increase in my self worth. I've stopped taking crap from people and am standing up and calling it out when it happens. It is time to take care of ME. Not many people like it but it's really bringing home who is a real friend and who isn't. My husband has been trying to tell me this for years but I'm finally able to see it for myself.

These particular friends became righteously indignant when I pointed out how they made me feel and then tried to blame me for it. My husband basically said, "I tried to tell you." They arranged a get together for the old D&D group. They are flying into the city where we now live. I was the only girl in the group. They rang my husband and invited him but apparently it's "Boys only" so I was the only one not invited. Solely because I'm a woman.

I get this so much more than I can say...both on the boy's club/D&D stuff, as well as shaking off all the old people who don't like it when you're not a doormat anymore...

My family has partially disowned me because I refused to let them stomp all over me anymore. I miss a few things, and have been called the B word so many times it just makes me laugh, but overall, I'm so much better for it.

My new guy and I can't find a decent gaming group... Too bad you're so far away from me. Girl gamers rock!!!
  • Sajyana
    Options
    *stepping out of the geek closet*

Girls gamers do rock!! And 20-30 years ago that was the totally uncool thing to be. ;) I met my hubby there though so it was totally worth it.

We used to play about 8 hrs on a Sunday. I miss the creativity and fun. We haven't played since we moved from our home town 8 yrs ago because of work. Maybe we should see if we can start or join a group near to us.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Sajyana wrote: »

I get this so much more than I can say...both on the boy's club/D&D stuff, as well as shaking off all the old people who don't like it when you're not a doormat anymore...

My family has partially disowned me because I refused to let them stomp all over me anymore. I miss a few things, and have been called the B word so many times it just makes me laugh, but overall, I'm so much better for it.

My new guy and I can't find a decent gaming group... Too bad you're so far away from me. Girl gamers rock!!!

i second this in so many ways!! I have very little to do with my biological family for the same reasons. Glad i love my inlaws...most days.

We also have trouble finding a decent gaming group that isnt a bunch of teenage boys who find it funny to play girls in underwear. Wish we all lived closer so we could girl game together! I also play online games, as do some other closet girl geeks here (wont name names) so maybe we'll be able to play together one day.

and grats on getting that emotional eating under control. that has been the biggest problem for me too.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    WTG Sajyana. I also had to dump a few that were just using me as a door mat. YIKES on the all guy thing. I do get it. Not right. I did my dumping a few years ago and let me tell you now I am over the total shock and pain of all of it I am much better off for it.

PS just sit back and let KARMA take care of it for you. If you are lucky you will get to watch.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Honey, we have all been there in some form or another. It is called , Life.
    Accept and move forward.
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. <3
    Alliwan wrote: »
    I also play online games, as do some other closet girl geeks here (wont name names) so maybe we'll be able to play together one day.

B) I may have spent a good number of years playing online games also. *innocent whistle* I'm currently between games. My kids play a lot of first person shooters which isn't really my cup of tea. I like to quest and problem solve. I've met some really nice people while gaming.