What do you think about Candida Cleanses?

Options
What do you think about Candida Cleanses? Has anyone done one?

Podcast Episode #180: Overcoming Candida with Christa Orecchio
http://balancedbites.com/2015/02/podcast-episode-180-overcoming-candida-christa-orecchio.html

Replies

• jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of extremely strict diets that completely limit entire food groups for the rest of your life, unless of course you have allergies or they are really truly bad for you (like don't eat lead paint). When I read information about Candida yeast (sorry couldn't watch podcast), it hasn't been proven to exist or cause any problems in your stomach. True, I am not a Dr, however I have only heard of this yeast when it comes to vaginitis (vaginal yeast infections) and not sure how a cleanse would help with that? Yes, a little bit of research on my part came up that people with advanced AIDS can get these infections in their stomachs but at that point in their life I would not recommend a cleanse.

My daughter came home one day from HS and asked to do a cleanse because her friends were doing it. I said only if I did it first to see how it was. OMG it was awful! I just ended up so tired and unable to make it through the day. I know I lost water weight but when I started eating I immediately gained it again.

So... that is my take... the food they recommend looks healthy so it can't be all that bad. Maybe you can do it and tell us what you think :)
  • CharissaGudknecht
    CharissaGudknecht Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah after thinking about it more I have decided against it... for now any way. My diet is pretty limited already. The podcast makes it sound like it will fix everything wrong with me.