Beware "Paleofication"

Options
2»

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I look just like that guy most of the day, every day. Unless I stay in my office and avoid socializing with my co-workers. I did that face this morning while reading WAPF's comparison table of their lifestyle versus Paleo. I like WAPF too (Dr. Price is my hero!) but they discredit themselves when they post BS. I really want to smack Sally Fallon and remind her that we are ALL ON THE SAME TEAM. Interestingly, her book Nourishing Traditions is full of recipes with wheat flour, and other not necessarily healthful stuff, and I wonder how many people are preparing their own wheat flour et al in traditional ways.... If not, better off without. duh
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    In my vision of a perfect world there would be very limited low-fat yogurt options and whole milk would be the norm. This might actually happen with Dietary guidelines in the US changing and easing up on the vilification of fat. I predict some food packages will actually start advertising "High Fat! Low carb!". I've considered marketing my version of fat bombs because I think they are the best. Ahh, supply and demand.
    Currently, the pre-packaged paleoish treats are just too sweet. Even so many recipes are simply substitutions for non paleo treats (like cupcakes made with a cup of chopped dates). Paleo pancakes with the bananas and eggs put me in a worse food coma than regular pancakes.
    My healthfood store carries Paleo pasta and bread, but I've never been tempted to buy those at all. I'm sure everyone is different, but I don't miss pasta and bread even though they were once the cornerstone of my diet.
    To sum it up, I could see those new to paleo WOE falling for paleofied convenience foods and recipes. I'm still trying to get it all figured out. I started eating Paleo this past November. I look forward to the impending growing season to fully take advantage of all nature's bounty.

So, if you end up not marketing your fat bombs, could you please share your recipe? Pretty please? Even with BP coffee, I don't always hit my fat goal.