Needing help to stay on track

Options
I have been on IP since .middle of November. I have lost 50 pounds so far and I'm really liking the program. In the past two weeks i have been struggling with the desire to cheat. So far I have only gone off the program once to eat some pizza. I really want some peanuts and Fritos and have to keep talking myself out of it. This is a real struggle for me. Any suggestions or ideas?

Replies

• MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your just normal! I started the program Feb of 2014. I initially lost 27 pounds and was thrilled. The I started with small cheats and slowly gained back some. I continue to buy products from my coach and I continue to eat low carb in my daily life however I no longer follow the program completely because I can't commit 100%. One year later, I am still down 20 pounds and I am very proud of that. Once you realize that its a change of eating long term, a few cheats here and there wont affect you too much.
    2015. Try to hang in there. It is a good program and it does work if you commit to it. Even though I dont follow the program anymore, I still see my coach once a week for some products and just a quick jump on the scale. I am lucky to have her!
  • mjohnston001
    mjohnston001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement. You are fortunate to have the continued support of your coach. I do like this program. I have had better success on this program than on others.
  • JenKTx13
    JenKTx13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're craving crunchy, salty things - try getting some of the crisps (ie. Sea Salt & Vinegar).

Look at when and why you want to cheat. Is it a particular time of day? Is it because you're bored? Maybe you need to adjust your meals & snack. Drink more water, find an activity to keep you busy.

It may also be diet fatigue, I know I get that. Are you eating a lot of the same foods or products? Maybe mix things up, try a new product or food.
  • mjohnston001
    Options
    Thank you that was helpful. It might be diet fatigue...no break since November I will try to mix it up a little more.
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maybe talk to your coach about going into phase three for a couple of weeks. This way you can incorporate a carb (like fruit or an english muffin etc). It will keep your weight maintained and then maybe you will be ready to start phase 1 again. This is what my coach did for me. I was craving cheese so bad. I did two weeks of a homemade egg mcmuffin for breakfast and it was awesome. Be honest with your coach that you are stuggling and see what they suggest. It's easier than lying about cheats. There is nothing worse than guilt when you have to weigh in!!! haha Been there too!!!! Hope you find something that helps you and that your coach is understanding to your struggles. :)
  • mjohnston001
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.