Looking for Friends to Ride along with me on this journey!

Hello my name is Jessica. I was originally banded in 2008 lost 90 pounds and slowly gained 40. I look back now and can see why I gained the weight. I was in denial that my band was the problem for years. Always getting food stuck even though I chewed past the point of puree., daily vomiting, chronic port pain ( had three port revisions) crazy that healthy foods like chicken, fish bananas etc I would get stuck on so slider foods where easier to eat. I had it removed Jan 2014. In the last year I have had several complications including 18 procedures with anesthesia. My esophagus has permanent damage from the band, in which at this time there is not one surgery or one medication that will reverse the damage. When the damage is done the damage is done. I was revised to the sleeve than to RNY with in a couple of months of each other. At one point I had a NG tube,pic lines, and a long term feeding tube which I don't have anymore. I have lost 103 pounds in the past year, and for a total of 160 since 2008. I am way past my goal of 150. I am at 137 pounds with tons of loose skin. My last visit with my Gi Dr was to place a life line in with another tube feeding. I really don't want to go down that route yet so I am trying and struggling with fluids and protein needs. I know we should be getting our proteins in with foods, but I just struggle as my stomach is much smaller then the normal RNY patient, I have pain in my esophagus when I eat at times, and overly active nerves in my stomach. I never thought I would say this but I struggle to eat daily and eat enough to get my nutrients in. I am going to be more diligent to log foods and fluid intake. I would love to meet new people and share struggles and happy times with so send me a request. Thanks for reading!
Jessica

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    So sorry for the struggles you have faced! Sending a friend request. I have found that logging my intake helps me stay accountable to myself. Hope you find it helps you too!
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Wow! What a road you've been down! I hate that you've had so many issues, but pray you will be able to overcome and get back to being healthy without the tube. Friend request sent.
  • Thanks Ladies and I have accepted your requests!! Yes I agree by tracking food and fluid intake it helps me to be accountable and stay on track. I seem to do awesome with tracking then I always fall off the wagon. I am glad we have each other who can understand the whole eating and mental challenge this journey takes us through!!
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Hi Jessica - you've been so brave and have persevered through so many challenges! You can do this! I just started my journey with RNY and I have a hard time with protein, too. I'm sending a friend request so we can support each other!

Jen
  • B)