Meeting fat metric with vegetables sauteed in a lot of oil :)

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
I update my targets to get more in line with the K mets.
It occurs to me that getting that much fat in, particularly when my typical exercise regime doubles my calorie target, means I could basically end up at dinner time with a bowl of onions and peppers sauteed and swimming in a bowl of olive oil, coconut oil, peanut oil and lard. (Yes Lard is good for cholesterol levels).
I love peanuts too but they have a high carb count.
I use a home made blue cheese with all the fat and real blue cheese.

Replies

• tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    It occurs to me that getting that much fat in, particularly when my typical exercise regime doubles my calorie target, means I could basically end up at dinner time with a bowl of onions and peppers sauteed and swimming in a bowl of olive oil, coconut oil, peanut oil and lard.

Sounds good to me! Slice up a few chunks of hot Italian sausage, throw in some garlic, and garnish w/ some Parmesan and I'll be over for dinner... :-)
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Had two fat Italian sausage for lunch.
    I down a tbs of coconut oil before my morning 6000 yard swim so I'm not completely starving on the road to work afterward. :)
    Pork and Steak not trimmed is good too.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm been known to lick or drink my plate when there's left over oil/melted butter... I am not ashamed.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Fat4Fuel2 wrote: »
    I'm been known to lick or drink my plate when there's left over oil/melted butter... I am not ashamed.
    Ha!
    Gotta get all that was counted :)