MFP won't track diary completions under 1,000 calories

Options
PaulaKro
PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
If you ate less than 1,000 calories in a day, and clicked on the "complete this entry" button at the bottom of the food diary, MFP will tell you that you didn't eat enough, and it will not announce it on your profile.

So if you want your friends to look at your diary, either (1) they're going to have to look at it without knowing if you've completed that day or not; or (2) you're going to have to add some fake calories to make your total exceed 1,000. I had a friend say "just add 1000 quick calories each day and tell people to ignore that entry.

BTW, I want to let everyone know that you don't have to limit your loss to 60% or 80% of your excess weight. It is possible to lose 100% - I'm there.

Best wishes to you all!
Paula

Replies

• CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good to know about the calories. And I am so happy for your reaching your weight goal. That must be such an amazing feeling!
  • PaulaKro
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dear CEK0220,

It's truly fabulous! I wish anyone who wanted could have the help that is available with the VSG. It gave me a head start (around 80# before I was even hungry), the time to learn and practice new behaviors (6-8 months before cravings came back), and the momentum to keep losing once I'd learned what to do.

I don't know where you are in this process, but hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you add the calories so it will post you can go back after it posts and delete them and it still keeps the announcement on the news feed.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Yay jm1fullerton! I knew someone would figure a way around it! Lol
  • CEK0220
    Options
    Paula I will be having my RNY surgery on Monday. Everyone seems to have such good success with the RNY and VSG that I can't wait for my journey to begin.
    jm1fullerton, you are so smart! I will share my diary once I get past the liquids, because I will want feedback and input for sure!
  • readallday
    Options
    I can't take credit for figuring it out--I think that was Thaeda, but I'm glad to share the knowledge. :smile:
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Since you can enter your own food, I think I will just create a food called "Fake Calories" and log it each night so that I can complete my food diary. I haven't been able to in over a month!!
  • Laurac727
    Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    awesome idea Lori then when they look at your dairy they will see that and know. CEK0220 awesome for you and good luck Monday! I start my preop diet Monday and RNY is March 23rd
  • CEK0220
    Options
    Well thanks for sharing your knowledge. Lori, that is a brilliant idea! And thank you Laura! Good luck to you as well!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Jm1 - thank you, great idea. I assume you had surgery awhile ago? You look happy and healthy. :smiley:

Lori, How are you doing? My VSG was Jun'13, right now I'm post-op for a knee replacement - way more painful than WLS, more drugs this time but less work. You're in the most challenging period right now, but should see results starting real soon.

CEK & Laura, Congratulations on your upcoming schedules. Best of wishes to you both!

Exciting!
  • readallday
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks! I'll be 6 months out on Tuesday from my sleeve. Its been great.
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for these great tips about the Food Diary. It was really bugging me that I couldn't post it!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So that's why it never posts my menu completion! Very interesting.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    MFP used to let you do this but they changed it. You can go into "settings" and set your cals to a different amount and it should then or at least it used to back in 2012 and 2013, 2014 when my goal was like 800 cals , 900 cals & 1000 cals.
    Someone said you can add calories to your diary then complete it then go back in and delete those calories so it reflects what you really ate and it will close it out for the day.
    I think MFP was afraid of liability issues for those that ate less than 1200 cals a day and all the issues that could cause them is why they changed it either this year or late last year cause you used to be able to have your goal at like 750 cals and it would close it out for the day.
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Heck, I just thought I couldn't see my own food diary. LOL! Well I for one will be changing this, as I look forward to tips and suggestions and for some reason haven't got any? HaHa!